Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hahn 9mm adapter

Yes and No, if it's the old Oly 9 it had the ejector pinned in the upper methinks, which would be the prob, and usually used Sten mags although Colt style could be made to work. 

I had a Hahn top loader for 9 years or so until a case head separation blew the thin walls apart and totally distorted the body. Hahn graciously offered to give me half the purchase price toward a new unit. I got a Blem forged lower for $99 instead

4 hours ago, bladewurk said:

Yes and No, if it's the old Oly 9 it had the ejector pinned in the upper methinks, which would be the prob, and usually used Sten mags although Colt style could be made to work. 

I had a Hahn top loader for 9 years or so until a case head separation blew the thin walls apart and totally distorted the body. Hahn graciously offered to give me half the purchase price toward a new unit. I got a Blem forged lower for $99 instead

I have the Oly with the ejector in the upper,

I would take it out of the upper and put the Hahn in to get away from the very unreliable Sten mags.

Problem might be that the barrel extension is way different than any other 9mm barrel.

For many reasons I don't want to buy a dedicated 9 lower.

Do you know how the Colt mags can be made to work? That would solve my problem for sure.

12 hours ago, Screaminyz said:

Just curious do all Colt lowers/mag blocks jam up the bolt if you use the mag as a tripod while shooting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine do not... ever- 1 x ea. LE6991 and 5.5" TROS 3-lug under YHM rails with a VM-Hytech block running unmodified Uzi mags. 

What setup are you experiencing this malfunction on?

if you are looking for other options... I have a Macon Armory bottom load that is held in position with a button head cap screw, and tensioned with a couple of set screws in the mag well...it was $150 from Rudy at Macon Armory... same unit from KAK is around $100...

10 minutes ago, Les Snyder said:

if you are looking for other options... I have a Macon Armory bottom load that is held in position with a button head cap screw, and tensioned with a couple of set screws in the mag well...it was $150 from Rudy at Macon Armory... same unit from KAK is around $100...

I would be interested if I knew it would work with my Oly upper.

My Oly barrel has a funnel type barrel extension. Not like the typical flat faced barrels. My bolt is not flat faced. It is coned so it goes into the funneled barrel.

If not for the junk Sten mags I have to use, i would not be looking for anything else. When it works it is very accurate and very soft shooting. Dam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 11/23/2017 at 7:20 AM, Screaminyz said:

Just curious do all Colt lowers/mag blocks jam up the bolt if you use the mag as a tripod while shooting?

No, mine works fine. I use modded uzi mags and colt mags. About 10k thru it this year. I use one mag to rest so technically it’s monopod.

40 minutes ago, dmshozer1 said:

I would be interested if I knew it would work with my Oly upper.

My Oly barrel has a funnel type barrel extension. Not like the typical flat faced barrels. My bolt is not flat faced. It is coned so it goes into the funneled barrel.

If not for the junk Sten mags I have to use, i would not be looking for anything else. When it works it is very accurate and very soft shooting. Dam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gunsmith who built my gun advised against the bottom load block. The top load Hahn block drop in and is held by the mag catch.

On 11/23/2017 at 9:20 AM, Screaminyz said:

I've never had that problem using the Spikes Tactical magblock with Metalform & ASC mags.

On 11/23/2017 at 8:20 AM, Screaminyz said:

Mine do, 100% of the time. I’m using a mag block with my SBR lower.  Otherwise it runs great.

16 minutes ago, jbran267 said:

Mine do, 100% of the time. I’m using a mag block with my SBR lower.  Otherwise it runs great.

jbran - check out my SBR bolt picture in this thread:  http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/252550-colt-9mm-magazine-feed-question/?tab=comments#comment-2810470

With your mag inserted in tripod mode, is your ejector aligned correctly with the bolt ejector channel?  If it's getting jammed up against the top of the channel, you need to lower & tighten the mag block.  They do creep upwards if not kept tight.

1 hour ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

jbran - check out my SBR bolt picture in this thread:  http://forums.brianenos.com/topic/252550-colt-9mm-magazine-feed-question/?tab=comments#comment-2810470

With your mag inserted in tripod mode, is your ejector aligned correctly with the bolt ejector channel?  If it's getting jammed up against the top of the channel, you need to lower & tighten the mag block.  They do creep upwards if not kept tight.

Very cool, thanks. I’m going to check that out tonight.