Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lube For Hammer Hooks?

Qstick

I was wondering what lube you are using on the hammer hooks and sear nose? Slide Glide or SG light - or regular oil? Also- how much are you using, a heavy coating or minimal amounts?

I have been using regular FP10, but feel like maybe I should be using something else???

Zach

I slop on the black moly lube (trigger slick / action-magic / axle grease / whatever-it's-called). With some practice and a thin tool it can be done with an assembled pistol, though eventually you have to get the excess out.

I slop on the black moly lube (trigger slick / action-magic / axle grease / whatever-it's-called).  With some practice and a thin tool it can be done with an assembled pistol, though eventually you have to get the excess out.

Brownells Action Lube Plus if any (and very little if I do).

Trigger Slick

Ditto that... I've got the Brownell's version. Voigt uses a well-travelled tube of black moly lube when he does trigger jobs.

Use molybdenum disulfide.

What is molybdenum disulfide & where does one purchase some?

Molybdenum disulfide is a molecule that bonds with the surface of clean, degreased steel & effectively acts like a microscopic layer of ball bearings.

It is found in various "engine assembly lube/grease" and some gun products described above as: "(trigger slick / action-magic / axle grease / whatever-it's-called)."

It is also used in the polymer coating on the "black bullet" & most other "coated bullets"Its use in the barrel is controversial (see Wil Scheumann's website).

Its use on sears & hammers & newly assembled engines is not controversial. Good stuff.

I've had a little bottle of JP Trigger Prep for years that I'm still using. I have no idea what's in it... seems to shave a few ounces off the dry trigger pull...