Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone tried the new CMMG Guard

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MrRick said:

Do you have to use their lower also?

I built mine using their barrel/BCG combo and their lower.  I used their lower because it really works.  Every round feeds perfectly, LRBHO works and they machined a ledge for the Glock mags to insert against properly.  You can use different lowers and modify them as others have done.  If you already have a lower, you may choose to do this.

I used a BCM upper, which was fine in all my Colt type builds.  But I was getting too many failures to eject.  When I clearanced my upper the problem was solved.  Their clearanced Guard upper retails for $140 and would be the way I would go if I would do it again.

So, for a suggested retail pricing of $890 you would have the barrel/BCG combo, lower and upper.  There should be dealers that carry these parts at a discount.  I first bought their $1300 basic rifle for less than $1100 before I decided to build one that is customized the way I wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 6:56 PM, bmiller said:

I shot an indoor match yesterday, after the match we shot my two pccs next to a mpx all with my ammo.  My blowback gun was the lightest weight by far, and the sharpest recoiling.  I just have a ninjaflex spacer in the buffer tube. I am running a PSA 9mm buffer and spring.  I am not running any type of pogo stick contraption in it.  I might try one in the future.  The mpx was a  stock carbine,  I am not sure what it weighs.  My rifle with the guard upper weighs about 7.5 pounds.  A bunch of guys shot them.  The overall opinion was the sig was the softest, but not by very much.  The guard was a close second. They thought my blowback gun recoiled just slightly less than an elephant rifle after shooting the other two.  Most shooters thought the sig had a chubby, bloated feel, but they thought it was very smooth.  The ammo was 124 grain 144 pf out of a 16” barrel.  The same load was used in all rifles.  I am not sure how they did it, but two shooters managed to get my guard to jam. Something I had not had happen to me.  Both shooter said they were holding it loosely. Both are pretty strong guys, and the one guy, if he wrestled a grizzly, I am not sure who I would bet on.  Not sure what was going on there.

Brian - which PSA buffer?  Looks like they list a 10 oz and an 8 oz on their AR9 parts list.