Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quicker transitions

Mushki25

Doing Blake drills has helped me tons (dry fire first). In dry fire, I only keep my sights on target to get an acceptable sight picture for Alphas. It will decrease your transition times to almost the same speed as your splits.

In live fire, push the speed past your capabilities until you start missing and then dial it back some for consistency. Riding that line is where you'll improve.

On 11/11/2017 at 7:42 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Shoot with a metronome app on your phone. Live fire. (Or just force yourself to shoot a cadence at .25 manually)

7yds. 3 Targets. A yard apart.

bang bang bang bang bang bang

No exceptions for moving the gun between targets. Fire the second round at that pace anyway, even if it’s a miss. Make yourself snap the gun.

Learn to look away from the sights on round #2 and snap them to the new target. Then bring the gun to your eyes. In slow transitions the shooter is always swinging a full sight picture to the new location.

Have followed this suggest and have noticed an improvement, thanks. 

On 11/11/2017 at 9:42 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Shoot with a metronome app on your phone. Live fire. (Or just force yourself to shoot a cadence at .25 manually)

7yds. 3 Targets. A yard apart.

bang bang bang bang bang bang

No exceptions for moving the gun between targets. Fire the second round at that pace anyway, even if it’s a miss. Make yourself snap the gun.

Learn to look away from the sights on round #2 and snap them to the new target. Then bring the gun to your eyes. In slow transitions the shooter is always swinging a full sight picture to the new location.

This is an awesome idea.  I am gonna try this myself.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

snap the gun.

I call this driving the gun.  I've been working on transitions too.  Here's a video from Max Michel on using your body for transitions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As others have stated what has also helped me was trying to move to the next target close by off of the firearms recoil. Find it easier letting the recoil assist me rather then trying to fight it and get the line of sight back then switch it to the next target.