Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 5 Trigger work?

JLB-US

Very happy with my Gen 5 17 thus far. I actually like the trigger pull on this pistol perfectly well for general use.

However,  pretty much decided to make this my new production gun. Not sure about options on this model to give it a bit more competition friendly trigger pull? I could pretty much live with it as is, but a losing a pound and 1/2 or so would be nice.

Anyone played around with these yet???

You should be able to easily accomplish that with a little polish and a lighten striker spring.  If that's not enough Taran Tactical is now offering their GM 3.25 kit for the Gen 5.  

Edited by NWfront

Thanks. It appears older connectors work, but the striker nose is shaped differently, does it use the same striker spring as previious gens?

Edited by JLB-US

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, AtomicToaster said:

Lone Wolf 'Classic' connector, 4lb striker spring, modest polishing on the trigger bar and striker block. Smooth pull with no wall, a little over 3# weight. I have done this with three Gen 5's now and have been very happy with the setup.

Connector

I would pass on the 4# FPS due to possible light strikes unless using a LW FP.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:56 PM, JBP55 said:

I would pass on the 4# FPS due to possible light strikes unless using a LW FP.

Normally, I would agree with this. However, 5k or so rounds on a Gen5 G17 with absolutely zero light strikes on a 4# striker spring with the stock striker has changed my tune. Winchester primers, Dillon 650, sample of one, YMMV, yadda yadda. I did recently replace the spring as a preemptive measure, since the trigger was starting to feel lighter than I felt necessary.

ETA: A couple thou rounds on a second G5 G17 and five hundred or so on a G5 G34 as well. Same trigger config, same ammo, same reliability.

Edited by AtomicToaster
addition

2 hours ago, AtomicToaster said:

Normally, I would agree with this. However, 5k or so rounds on a Gen5 G17 with absolutely zero light strikes on a 4# striker spring with the stock striker has changed my tune. Winchester primers, Dillon 650, sample of one, YMMV, yadda yadda. I did recently replace the spring as a preemptive measure, since the trigger was starting to feel lighter than I felt necessary.

ETA: A couple thou rounds on a second G5 G17 and five hundred or so on a G5 G34 as well. Same trigger config, same ammo, same reliability.

It is very common to have weak reset with the 4# FPS also. YMMV