Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best mag pouches for single stack ?

JPB3

I've used DAA single stack pouches, safari land pouches

What I prefer now is CR speed pouches with the SS adapter in them because they hold the mag out a little further form the body but still legal (i.e. inside 2" max)

and they take up slightly less room mag to mag than the DAA, its small but seems to help with the last mag on the belt etc

With that said all of the above are great pouches and the DAA can be set up for bullets out if you prefer.

I use the Bladetech doubles. But I am blessed with enough real estate on my waist to run 6 mags bullets forward without having to reach too far back. Most average to smaller guys have to run bullets out to get enough mags. If I were to run bullets out, what is popular around here is the Double Alpha pouches modded to mount bullets out. I am told it's easy to drill and remount but I have not personally done it.

Not allowed in SS are they? In IPSC Classic there are ok to use, I use a DAA for my barney mag on rear of the belt and a std magnet on furthest forward pouch for pick up stages. If allowed the one with the double magnets would probably work best. I have seen only 1 shooter using all magnets here in Australia.

DAA Bullets-Out Magnetic Pouch

DAA Magnet inc. screw and countersunk nut for SS Racer pouch

Edited by terrydoc