Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

classifer times for each division/class

xpierrat

Thanks, Zack

I found that and I am trying my higher math skills to little avail...

:( I thought I saw some where a list that for example for CO ....class D  time 500min to 180 min   C 179 min to 158 min  B 157 min to 132mi   ( just picking numbers for example )   and of course have it for every division

15 hours ago, xpierrat said:

USPSA ought to add this link  http://eastcoaststeelchampionship.com/scsagoaltimes.htm 

on the classification look up page It would be a big help to many at least till they change the peak time.

Are the peak times changing?  In the draft of the new rules for steel challenge the peak times are listed as slower for PCC and RFRO than they are now.  Significantly slower, like 5 or 6 seconds slower!  Assumed these were the old numbers though.  I know it says they may be re evaluated each year depending on the world shoot, but not only was I not really anticipating that to happen, but certainly not to slower times for classifications.

PG 21

https://uspsa.org/document_library/2017/New SCSA Rule Book20170712.pdf

Edited by Hammer002

How are Peak Times determined?  I have not seen how they arrive at these times and have been curious. 

The initial times were established by Phil Stader. I don’t know how he came up with the numbers though. Each year I review times for all tier II and III matches to see if we need to make adjustments. So far we have only modified RFRO and PCCO. We lowered those times because so many people were shooting times faster than the PST. I will be doing my annual review in December.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 12:06 PM, chilly636 said:

Y’all are welcome haha. Here is the peak times, what time you need to have for each class, and average string times.

IMG_4395.JPGIMG_4396.JPGIMG_4397.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are these peak times still good?

I saw a USPSA facebook post yesterday about an article written by Steve Foster for the Front Sight magazine.

Maybe I just read the article wrong, but you take your total stage time and divide it by the peak time....?

55 minutes ago, chilly636 said:

Yes I believe these peak times are still good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okay.  Thank you!

The coffee hasn't kicked in just yet, so let me see if I have this straight...

If you were shooting carry optics and shot all 8 stages with a total time of 97 seconds even, then you would be a GM???

And if ...say...you shot all 8 stages...also in carry optics... with a total time of 105 seconds, then you would be a Master, right?

6 minutes ago, Chills1994 said:

okay.  Thank you!

The coffee hasn't kicked in just yet, so let me see if I have this straight...

If you were shooting carry optics and shot all 8 stages with a total time of 97 seconds even, then you would be a GM???

And if ...say...you shot all 8 stages...also in carry optics... with a total time of 105 seconds, then you would be a Master, right?

That's correct.  The top portion is all the peak times for each stage and the totals that would make you each classification.  The rest of the pages are each division with peak times and what on average you need per string to meet the classification.

1 hour ago, chilly636 said:

That's correct.  The top portion is all the peak times for each stage and the totals that would make you each classification.  The rest of the pages are each division with peak times and what on average you need per string to meet the classification.

Thank you sir!

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2018 at 3:00 PM, Chills1994 said:

Are these peak times still good?

I saw a USPSA facebook post yesterday about an article written by Steve Foster for the Front Sight magazine.

Maybe I just read the article wrong, but you take your total stage time and divide it by the peak time....?

The exact opposite - you take the peak time and divide it by the stage time you shot.  

Let's say you are shooting 5 to Go with your rimfire rifle open.  You shot a total of (4) strings totaling 14.00 seconds. The peak time for RFRO is 11.00 seconds.  The math is (11.00/14.00) = 78.57% and you shot an A classification on this stage.

Clear as mud?  I monitor Facebook and email more than Enos.  If you need anything - don't hesitate to reach out?

Steve