Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CGW SP-01 vs CZ Tactical Sport

timewaster1700

I love them.  When you order them put a note in the comments box saying they are for a CZ TS.  Specify the magwell you have and they will cut them to fit.  Mine were perfect.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love them.  When you order them put a note in the comments box saying they are for a CZ TS.  Specify the magwell you have and they will cut them to fit.  Mine were perfect.
I ordered some LOK palm swells for my Czechmate and I did have to trim the bottom of one a tad on my belt sander for it to fit, but other than that they are excellent grips, I definitely prefer them to the slim factory offerings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have both a Accu-shadow modified to SA only and a TS in 40. I use the Accu-shadow for 3-gun and love the feel. I built the TS to shoot limited and love it too. What I have found is that although the Accu-shadow feels better in my hand I definitely shoot the TS better. I did the grip reduction on the TS and it feels much better than factory.  I am going to build another TS in 9mm for 3 gun so I can stay with the same grip. Can't wait to feel the TS in 9mm

So I think shooting the gun stock first to figure out what, if anything, I need to do to it is a good call. As far as trigger though I'm convinced I'll want an aluminum trigger because I just like the feel better. Should I go with Cajun Gun Work's SAO aluminum trigger and buy the floating pin they sell for it (specific to the TS). Or would I be better off getting one from CZC? I like how the CGW one has a bend at the end whereas this one from CZC is completely flat: https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/triggers/cz-75sa-tactical-sports-single-action-only-trigger-black-al.html So I think for sure I'll probably change grips to Lok G-10 thin Bogies, change front sight to fiber optic (probably dawson or czc), and change trigger to aluminum. At that point depending on what creep I can still feel I may do a CGW hammer kit.

3 hours ago, 858 said:

Why not buy CZ factory parts? A lot of what you're talking about CZ already makes to fit the TS. I don't think CGW trigger parts are any better than factory CZ race parts.

Here is a source in the US for CZUB parts:

https://www.armorycraft.com/shop

Cool website and company. I had heard of them before. I have always used CZC parts to this point

2 hours ago, paramajic4 said:

Cool website and company. I had heard of them before. I have always used CZC parts to this point

I bought SAO TS/Shadow aluminum triggers and magwells from them. The trouble is I kind of like the plastic TS trigger so I haven't installed the matching orange aluminum trigger. :o

1 hour ago, timewaster1700 said:

Thanks for the links. What is trs?

trigger spring.

i tried few of  al. triggers but i liked  plastic trigger more .

i change plastic trigger for my demands and serrated it.   (move   it 2mm back)

i use on 1 tso  plastic t. and on other al.

I've tried both the CGW Flat trigger, and the ArmoryCraft (CZub) flat trigger in my TSO.

The CGW trigger sat way back. It broke well beyond the 90 degrees (vertical) that I like. So it was unusable for my gun. I have seen this on several Shadow 2's as well. Where they sit so far back that the overtravel screw is useless as the trigger bottoms out on the frame. I saw one that would bottom out and still not let off the sear!

The AC flat trigger works better and breaks closer to 90 degrees. Still not totally in love with it though.

Ordered the Tactical Sport in! Pumped to try it out. I'll shoot if before deciding to change anything. Grips and FO sight though will be for sure. 

Do the CGW and CZC aluminum triggers sit differently? like one farther forward than the other? Anyone compared?
Congratulations on your purchase man!

I just bought a CZ TS from the classifieds on here. First match was great, beat all my friends and family.

I would recommend upgrading to a bigger safety and stick with the stock rear sight.
Undercut the trigger guard and beavertail if you feel brave enough.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, NoKimberDave said:

I've tried both the CGW Flat trigger, and the ArmoryCraft (CZub) flat trigger in my TSO.

The CGW trigger sat way back. It broke well beyond the 90 degrees (vertical) that I like. So it was unusable for my gun. I have seen this on several Shadow 2's as well. Where they sit so far back that the overtravel screw is useless as the trigger bottoms out on the frame. I saw one that would bottom out and still not let off the sear!

The AC flat trigger works better and breaks closer to 90 degrees. Still not totally in love with it though.

Good to know, my CZC flat trigger also breaks way past 90. Maybe the AC trigger will be better

I'm trying to decide on what flaqt aluminum trigger to get and with these comments I see to avoid cgw and czc triggers.
Would you guys recommend the Armory Craft (Czub) or the Eemann Tech Grilletto? (http://www.ipscstore.eu/en/triggers/1187-eemann-tech-trigger-for-cz-75-straight-2000000011875.html)

Edited by Coctomus

ac looks like  original  cz triggers with curved surface  that fit perfect in ts

eemann tech has same geometry but they  1.5 mm. shorter than original cz trigger  at the bottom  (don't touch trigger guard)

try both of them . the feeling different.

i prefer  original cz part. its more comfortable for me.

(ts plastic trigger looks cheap but its very comfortable for me too.)

czc u mean trigger with  flat surface ?

Edited by yigal

8 hours ago, yigal said:

ac looks like  original  cz triggers with curved surface  that fit perfect in ts

eemann tech has same geometry but they  1.5 mm. shorter than original cz trigger  at the bottom  (don't touch trigger guard)

try both of them . the feeling different.

i prefer  original cz part. its more comfortable for me.

(ts plastic trigger looks cheap but its very comfortable for me too.)

czc u mean trigger with  flat surface ?

I should have clarified that I was looking at the flat triggers. Yeah the flat czc trigger.

You mentioned with eeman tech in an earlier post, that is has more tension in the trs than the stock trigger. Would I have to buy a reduced power trs or is the added tension good?

21 hours ago, NoKimberDave said:

Interesting, so would this trigger have the same problem then? 

https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/triggers/cz-75sa-tactical-sports-single-action-only-trigger-black-al.html

What about this one?

http://www.czub.cz/en/eu-eshop/pistole/spouste/spoust-pro-vetsi-ruce.html

15 hours ago, Coctomus said:

Congratulations on your purchase man!

I just bought a CZ TS from the classifieds on here. First match was great, beat all my friends and family.

I would recommend upgrading to a bigger safety and stick with the stock rear sight.
Undercut the trigger guard and beavertail if you feel brave enough.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

Thanks I'm excited to get it in! It seems like a fantastic gun! Congrats on beating all your family and friends haha.

Bigger safety for something to rest your thumb or just to make it easier to flip off on start? 

I really like the stock rear sight since it acts as a charging handle. Just want to replace the front with a Fiber Optic if I can get away with it.

I believe the CZUB and Eeman triggers listed for big hands sit further forward. How much reach do you want? The stock trigger pull is perfect for me, people with smaller hands may want the CZC trigger.

The safety is a personal preference item. People with large hands have mentioned their support hand hits the larger safety. I have medium hands and find the S2 safety perfect for disengaging on the draw. I did not like the regular TS safety. 

2 hours ago, timewaster1700 said:

Thanks I'm excited to get it in! It seems like a fantastic gun! Congrats on beating all your family and friends haha.

Bigger safety for something to rest your thumb or just to make it easier to flip off on start? 
I really like the stock rear sight since it acts as a charging handle. Just want to replace the front with a Fiber Optic if I can get away with it.

Well I have big hands so idk if anyone else has this problem, but my hand rides against the safety too much and caused me to accidently actuate the safety a couple times in my match.
The shadow 2 wide safety rides higher up (1911 style), is larger than stock and the other side is thin.
I like the stock rear for that purpose too, although in the heat of the moment I did fumble using the rear sight as a racker. And if I ever get around to using my TS as a dual caliber gun, I might get an adjustable sight if my 9 and 40 loads poi are wildly different and get a racker.
Definitely get a fiber front.

(Too be fair I didn't fair well overall and I was beating them before with my glock lol).

Edited by Coctomus

1 hour ago, timewaster1700 said:

The CZC you linked is the one I have had problems with.

I have not tried the CZub one you posted (forward set trigger for longer fingers), but my guess is that it would be better.

EDIT: It should be noted that I have only tried so many triggers. They probably all differ slightly and tolerance stacking could give each trigger a slightly different set.

Edited by NoKimberDave

http://www.czub.cz/en/eu-eshop/pistole/spouste/spoust-pro-vetsi-ruce.html

probably that what u need for big hands.they high quality triggers.

reduced power  spring ~3 EU 

5 hours ago, Coctomus said:

I should have clarified that I was looking at the flat triggers. Yeah the flat czc trigger.

You mentioned with eeman tech in an earlier post, that is has more tension in the trs than the stock trigger. Would I have to buy a reduced power trs or is the added tension good?

it add 70-90 g.  to trigger pool compare to original cz trigger from same type.

in my tso trigger pool w.560 g.with cz trigger . with same eeman trigger it 640g,

sorry didn't try czc parts .