Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MBX offset c-more mount

11 hours ago, HI5-O said:

This past weekend I saw one of our shooters using it and saw no problems until he had to shoot weak hand. Saw he was having a difficult time trying to find the dot. 

Maybe they will come out with one that has room for a red dot on both sides of the upper receiver.  The second one might be good for not only weak hand shooting but hard leans around walls.  (Similar to a second red dot on a 45 degree mount.)

34 minutes ago, Ming the Merciless said:

It allows holding your head in a more upright position so that it is more like shooting a dot sighted Open pistol.

Hello: I use a straight upright mount on my open pistol and also a 90 degree mount as well. The C-more on my PCC is straight in line as well. I can see a offset mount on a open pistol if you can't tune the pistol so it ejects the rounds correctly but I don't see what the problem would be on a PCC. The only reason I would see a use for an offset mount on a PCC would be if you are shooting right handed and left eye dominant if only using one eye to shoot with. Thanks, Eric

7 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I use a straight upright mount on my open pistol and also a 90 degree mount as well. The C-more on my PCC is straight in line as well. I can see a offset mount on a open pistol if you can't tune the pistol so it ejects the rounds correctly but I don't see what the problem would be on a PCC. The only reason I would see a use for an offset mount on a PCC would be if you are shooting right handed and left eye dominant if only using one eye to shoot with. Thanks, Eric

Like was said on an open pistol you bring the sight up to your eyes in roughly the center of your body. On a pcc  the straight line the gun is on starts at your shoulder not the center of your body.  With this offset idea is your head can stay more upright/centered similar to a pistol. 

I am left eye dominant and shoot both left and right handed rifle.   Shotgun I either need an eye patch or shoot left handed.   The Ar with a Dot doesn't mess with my eyes.  If I shoulder it right handed I can not see the dot with my left eye so the right eye takes over.       There is a video somewhere where Max shoot a stage with the MBX offset to the right for a left hand shooter.    He shot the whole stage right handed to prove that you can still shoot hard leans with it.