Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

929 for S&W Repair

NoSteel

6 hours ago, alecmc said:

You do what you feel is right, personally I'd have them send the gun back. Use that money to have a proper action job done by somebody like Eli at TK custom or Dave Olhasso.

Best of luck.

Same. Too much headache for bad work.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/25/2018 at 6:28 PM, NoSteel said:

Indication was that competition use was cause of cylinder contact to frame and the crank Assm was fine.  The rest of the parts were to repair noted timing issues also blamed on competition use and Dry firing.  Not sure why the cylinder had to be replaced but assume it was also to address timing issue, their smith insists it be changed.  

I would send a email with a link to their website that shows the 929 intended use is listed as competition in the specification section. Using it as it was intended shouldn't void the warranty or justify making you pay for repairs.

1 hour ago, NoSteel said:

Yes,. They will be returning ALL original parts...  

While you are paying for the repairs I still can't believe they would return parts that they insisted needed to be replaced before returning the gun. If they were bad enough to need replaced I would think that the liability of those parts getting used again if returned would be a problem.

Seems like a strange series of events. Good Luck hope it all works out for you. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well,  the positive attitude is waning, 4 months and still counting....  Just had to request another update and found out that there is a delay in getting a new cylinder assembly....  The company that manufactures these guns by the dozens doesn't have a spare cylinder,  WTH!!!!   Obviously this also means that further work could have been done while waiting to determine original problem and also do the frame repair that I declined only due to the time delay expectation.   I deal with allot of businesses with this hobby,  as well as others and a ton more daily in my job and I have never run into this poor a customer service / quality oriented issue before.  S&W should probably take a hard look at what is going on with Remington Arms these days and make some changes.  Customer demand /orders are not guaranteed!!!  So,  although some have indicated reasonable service in the past I think I as well as many others have highlighted the need to go elsewhere for any repair issues and probably look to another manufacturer entirely if possible when making a purchase.  Unfortunately in the Revolver market,  not allot of options......

Edited by NoSteel

damn dude, that's rough. I've dryfired my 929 exponentially more than my buddy's 627 when I had it. His 627's cerakote is coming off in that spot, my 929 has zero marks on it. I've also launched my 929 cylinder across a concrete floor during a match cause the yoke screw came loose and I wasn't checking.

And yeah, not a lot of options. Ruger has that new 8shot but I have doubts on how light you can get the trigger. Plus it's heavier. Maybe now that Dave is shooting for them maybe he can work his magic and everyone can jump ship.