Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Illinois sectional

Foxj66

Looking for other people's take

overall the match went fairly well, I had 2 mikes 

one on a hard head that I didn't call good

and the second on the stage were I got a bad leg cramp and didn't call the shot.

my observations

Movement needed to be more aggressive 

i missed my positioning a couple times 

I struggled a little bit with having sandy bays not something I am used to

You were second by just 3 points... dang. Don't you just hate that!

You were 2 seconds slower in time but shot 20 more A's that the guy in first. Would you trade 15 of those A hits to have been 3 seconds faster?

12 hours ago, rowdyb said:

You were second by just 3 points... dang. Don't you just hate that!

You were 2 seconds slower in time but shot 20 more A's that the guy in first. Would you trade 15 of those A hits to have been 3 seconds faster?

He made less mistake then me and earned it.

wouldnt be a good trade. I need to get the alphas faster and I think movement is probably where I will find the time. Judging by what Gutt shot the match in I need to find 20 seconds 

Amazing how well you are doing, Jared.  I just keep waiting to see the GM status and a sponsor.  Thanks for posting the videos, they are a great help to some of us still chasing you.  I really cant offer much of an opinion cause I am taking so much away from the video for myself, I will just say I noticed several times you weren't happy with a particular movement or angle you got, and a couple lost footing situations, but I mainly noticed it due to your reaction, not my knowing better.  You keep looking more smooth and more smooth, so possibly once you have that effortless look, like the pros do, you will find that 20 seconds.

And by the way, how are you letting a PCC finish ahead of you??   

To me, just another M trying to do the same thing, it looks like you have to take a few hundredths of a second of everything you're doing. Shooting included. Not tenths, hundredths. If you could take 0.07 off of every single action you'd find that time.

The reason why I said what I did, looking at the numbers instead of commenting on the video is because, again just to me, it looks more like you moved fine but sat on the sights longer than was maybe needed quite a few times. And I think that opinion was backed up by some of the numbers. But I can only comment on what I see.

Edited by rowdyb

12 hours ago, rowdyb said:

To me, just another M trying to do the same thing, it looks like you have to take a few hundredths of a second of everything you're doing. Shooting included. Not tenths, hundredths. If you could take 0.07 off of every single action you'd find that time.

The reason why I said what I did, looking at the numbers instead of commenting on the video is because, again just to me, it looks more like you moved fine but sat on the sights longer than was maybe needed quite a few times. And I think that opinion was backed up by some of the numbers. But I can only comment on what I see.

I would agree that everything needs to be faster, what I mean is that's not the low hanging fruit.

1 minute ago, rowdyb said:

haha, maybe all your fruit is equally low? anyways, you asked. I answered, you don't agree. that's totally fine. see you at A4 in a few weeks?

Sorry rowdy, not trying to sound like I disagree completely. My wording is probably poor. But as far as shooting faster it's ones of those things I try to shoot whatever the sights say I can. 

I feel that that learning to shoot faster is would be extremely hard for small gains. 

But in the grand scam of things I need lots of small gains.

and yes I am looking forward to A4!

WOW  !!!!

Great shooting    ....    I can't airgun that fast   :(

Little surprised you stuck your gun thru many ports ???   I've

always felt it was a little faster Not to stick thru the port,

but to hang back, just a little ????   

That might have picked up a second or two ???

36 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

WOW  !!!!

Great shooting    ....    I can't airgun that fast   :(

Little surprised you stuck your gun thru many ports ???   I've

always felt it was a little faster Not to stick thru the port,

but to hang back, just a little ????   

That might have picked up a second or two ???

Good observation on the ports. A few of them could have been easily shot without getting the gun into the port. 

This match did have several positions that required it to get a low target.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

count up all of your steel misses in that video. There is way more than 3 seconds left on the table in steel misses alone.

Thanks for the advice! I went and counted up 17 total make up shots may have been a couple more. That's at least 4 seconds alone.

I hadn't looked at the effect on total match time from make up shots, but even thinking back on A4 this weekend a couple of the make up shots cost me several positions on a few stages. 

Each miss on steel and subsequent make up shot easily costs you half a second in lost stage time if not more. 17 misses on steel = 8.5 seconds when giving each miss half a second in lost stage time. That is a SIGNIFICANT time lost in missing steel alone. 

8 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

Each miss on steel and subsequent make up shot easily costs you half a second in lost stage time if not more. 17 misses on steel = 8.5 seconds when giving each miss half a second in lost stage time. That is a SIGNIFICANT time lost in missing steel alone. 

I counted up the paper make ups as well, I think 12 were steel so 6 seconds easy. That would have been enough at this match to have easily pushed me to HOA instead of 2nd. 

I will pay more attention to it in practice and at my last match before nationals this weekend.

Edited by Foxj66