Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Issue removing 1050 main shaft cap

I called Dillon and they suggested using a bit of heat because no amount of force was going to budge that 5/32" button screw.  Just curious if anyone else has experienced this.  Mike at Dillon suggested an assembler might have been a bit overzealous with the blue loctite.  

• 1 month later...

Well, I had apparently over-torqued the bolt during my first battle with same.  The head popped off a few days ago and I've dropped the shaft off at a local machine shop to have the remains removed from the shaft.  No big deal since I was able to run the press for a day without the bolt to get ahead a bit on ammo.

• 6 years later...

im going to try and remove with impace screw gun and if it breaks il machine the shaft than drill and tap what should have been in in the first place, i love dillon but i am not impressed with what they did here especially using a ridiculous 5/32 allen screw head🙄

the screw is soo flippen tight that it is unremovable with its tini tiny 5/32 cap screw i ended up grinding the sob off, now i did not destroy anything including the threads on shaft, it not worth f'ing with just grind it use a wood chisel and remove what left and replace hopefully with bigger head allen size larger too