Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 safety on Tactical Sport

muncie21

If you are on the fence about getting a wider 'left side' safety for your Tactical Sport, I'd recommend trying the one from the Shadow 2.  It's not as wide as the CZC one, however it's about half the price and for me provides a marked improvement in grip

IMG_6233.JPG.2c380c9c659f82722b62e0b4d22750ad.JPGIMG_6234.JPG

Edited by muncie21

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 2nd this. I did this on mine. It is the same safety system and no fitting required. It makes actuating the safety a more natural feel to me than the improved CZ Custom model or the one that comes standard on it. 

Two differences:

- The extra wide is wider than the S2 safety

- The extra wide can be moved into safe position by pressing down on the rearward portion of it (like a heel-toe action). The S2 has to be lifted from underneath to move into safe position.

Edited by adamge

11 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Is this the Cajun part number you are talking about?
01606LH Left Safety for Shadow 2 and Tac Sport.

That's it.  You may want to call and confirm it is the wider of the 2 safeties that ship with the Shadow 2.  

Edited by muncie21

18 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Is this the Cajun part number you are talking about?
01606LH Left Safety for Shadow 2 and Tac Sport.

Unless I am missing something here: that is NOT a Shadow 2 left hand safety like pictured in first post above.

The one you linked is the regular old style shadow safety lever, and the lever that comes stock on the tactical sport.

5 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Does anyone know the part number for that 7.2mm safety? I really want a wider safety for my TS to use mostly as a thumb rest. The CZC one seemed a little too wide; one guy even said he cut it down a bit.

Thats why it's made wide . So you can trim as you like. Easy stuff. Better leverage to use, as pivot point is in wrong location on CZs

Almost every one I know with the CZC thumbrest has trimmed theirs. I just rounded some corners and nipped in some edges.

Much better to have too much than too little!

I love the CZC safety lever. I wish they would offer one that was higher though.

Almost every one I know with the CZC thumbrest has trimmed theirs. I just rounded some corners and nipped in some edges.

Much better to have too much than too little!

I love the CZC safety lever. I wish they would offer one that was higher though.

Yeah, I see what you mean. The CZC one is starting to sound good.

How much fitting did you have to do? Did it fit into the right side OK? Meet up with sear OK? Or lots of in and out?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Yeah, I see what you mean. The CZC one is starting to sound good.

How much fitting did you have to do? Did it fit into the right side OK? Meet up with sear OK? Or lots of in and out?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I have "fitted" a couple of them now. Never takes more than a couple light swipes with a clean, quality, fine cut file. Right on the flat of the shaft end (the flat of the "D") where it is received by the right side safety. Hit it once and test, hit it again and test, etc. Can be easily don't with the safeties out of the gun.

So easy even a moron with two left hands like me can do it!

Edit: It might be interesting to note that I have helped two buddies change out their Shadow 2 safeties to the big lever. Both needed minor fitting at the sear area. Another friends dropped right in. But I have been lucky as I have put the CZC and also the shadow safety into my CZ's and they dropped in after fitting just at the D. Admittedly, one has a CGW adjustable sear with eliminates the need for possible fitting there.

Edited by NoKimberDave

On 7/10/2017 at 9:38 PM, eerw said:

Thats why it's made wide . So you can trim as you like. Easy stuff. Better leverage to use, as pivot point is in wrong location on CZs

This. 

It's nice being able to rock your thumb back and forth to engage/disengage.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, muncie21 said:

Next adjustment for me is fitting the Shadow 2 mag release on my  TSO.  For me, the release on the tactical sport is a hair too long.

I'm considering that too. I just have to find one:/

3 hours ago, Leadpilot said:

I'm considering that too. I just have to find one:/

$35 + shipping from CZ USA :)  I'd get the devil screw, also referred to as the magazine catch screw, while you're at it.  Mine has defied the attempts of 3 different screw drivers to loosen it.

1 hour ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

So, no one knows the correct part number to order to get the S2 safety? The one that the OP started this thread with?  The one that's 7.2mm wide?

Both Cajun and CZ USA carry what they refer to as Shadow 2 safeties.  I'd call both and ask if they could provide the estimated width.  Or, take one for the team and order both, then report back.  BTW, since I picked up my TS Orange used, I'm not sure if the width I measure (5.5mm) is factory if it the safety was trimmed by the PO

Cajun

01606LH Left Safety for Shadow 2 and Tac Sport ($35)

CZ USA

EXTENDED SAFETY SET SHADOW 2
Product Number: 465423250012
Availability: In Stock
Your Price US$50.00

I transferred the safety from my Shadow 2 to my TS Orange a few days ago.  It seemed to function properly on the bench, and I shot about 75 rounds through it yesterday and again it functioned properly.

I really like the feel of it vs the regular TS safety, which I find to have its ledge too low and interfere with my weak hand's grip.  (right handed shooter).

Just noticed that the shadow 2 safety listed on CGW may fit a Shadow 2, however the shape/design pictured is from the Tactical Sport.  

Not sure if Cajun is using a generic picture or what...

IMG_1347-433x325.jpg

The Shadow 2 safety is more 'rounded', like the set pictured on CZ's web site.

465423250012.png

Edited by muncie21