Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mounting Scope rings...which torque wrench to buy?

wanttolearn

So i finally have a rifle and a scope. I just ordered rings, they should be here soon.

I guess i need a torque wrench? What does everyone use? Don't want garbage but might only ever mount 2 - 4 scopes with it (at least in the foreseeable future).

Thanks

Also, which loctite (blue?).

I mean, you don't technically need one. 1/8-1/4 turn past hand tight suffices for many things.

If you want what most hobbyist types use for an in-lb torque wrench in gunsmithing then the common option is the Wheeler FAT wrench.

I have a Seekonk dial torque wrench, but that's on the extreme other end from 1/4 turn past hand tight.

Wheeler is what you seek.

There are other options, when I looked cheaper was mostly junk, and better is 4x or more the cost.

I have a MAC screwdriver type that was obscene, but I used it for work when I bought it.

Many options lack the range for cap/base screws and cross bolts.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, echotango said:

I use this

20170704_115906.png

12 hours ago, wanttolearn said:

that Park tool looks perfect....but i think it's no longer made. I'll run to home depot and see if they have something similar. Then i'll have to find the appropriate sockets/drivers

KD tools make a similar unit.

Make sure you get inch/lbs.

$24.

Order from the website and have it delivered to your local store for free. Does the job just fine (deflecting beam style wrenches are both cheaper and more accurate than a cheap click-type unit, as long as they aren't abused.)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Presa-1-4-in-Drive-0-to-80-in-lbs-Beam-Style-Torque-Wrench-CP31006/206975714?MERCH=REC-_-rv_mobileweb_rr-_-206743985-_-206975714-_-N

Edited by MemphisMechanic