Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hundo Super Match Case Gauge

Hooked

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I might find one of the Hundo Super Match case gauges in 9mm for sale? I checked with Ben Stoeger Pro Shop, and they advised that Super Match gauges may no longer be manufactured.

Thanks!

Edited by Hooked

I've been using the Supermatch hundo in 9mm for quite a while. I'd estimate about 75% of the rounds drop all the way into the holes, the rest stand proud by different amounts. What I do is when I get the gauge completely filled, the rounds that are standing proud that i can hook my fingernail under the ejector groove get pulled out and inspected, (this is probably 10 out of the 100) if the case looks ok, I drop it into a single hole standard gauge, if it passes that test, it goes with the rest of the group into the ammo bag. If it fails the single hole gauge, it gets broken down and the powder and bullet get reused, the case gets the scrap bucket. I don't break them down immediately, just throw them in a plastic cup on the bench. I have one (1) round out of the last 3K I have loaded. I don't find the Supermatch gauge slows things down, just makes me look at the ones that fail a little closer. I think the standard Hundo will work as well as the Supermatch, it's just what I bought back when they both were available, I'm not spending another hundred bucks for a different gauge. :P