Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Picked Up Pre-Ordered CZ P-10C Today

eggman

I got an email notification today that my pre-ordered P-10c was waiting on me to pick it up at local Cabela's store . I have just returned from picking it up and haven't shot it yet or checked to see if it will fit IDPA CCP box but just wanted to post that I had received mine .  I can follow-up with a range report if anyone is interested.

Ended up putting about 50 rounds through P-10 before dark this evening . I was shooting a plate rack at 16 yds and it shot POA with some 9mm ammo I had in truck. Out of the 50 rounds I had about 10 FTE mostly shooting weak hand only . It appeared to be short stroking . So, not really off to a great start with the P-10 but I'll clean it tonight and lube . I'm thinking the factory recoil spring is on the stout side . The ammo I had in the truck was 130 PF . I may have to up the powder and see if that helps the FTE problem.

Oh...it did fit my IDPA CCP box with room to spare.

I'd clean/oil it prior to shooting it, even new.  Most of the CZ's I've bought new seemed to be pretty clean, but the last one I bought (CZ 75 Compact) has all kinds of thick gooey junk on the outside of the frame and I'll be the inside isn't ready to go either.

11 hours ago, eggman said:

Ended up putting about 50 rounds through P-10 before dark this evening . I was shooting a plate rack at 16 yds and it shot POA with some 9mm ammo I had in truck. Out of the 50 rounds I had about 10 FTE mostly shooting weak hand only . It appeared to be short stroking . So, not really off to a great start with the P-10 but I'll clean it tonight and lube . I'm thinking the factory recoil spring is on the stout side . The ammo I had in the truck was 130 PF . I may have to up the powder and see if that helps the FTE problem.

Oh...it did fit my IDPA CCP box with room to spare.

I wouldn't worry about this too much.  I've had 3 gen4 glocks that took around 50 rounds of hot 124gr nato Aguilla before they'd cycle my powder puff gaming loads.  

• 1 month later...

I've got close to 700 rounds through my P-10C.  Runs perfectly on 130 PF Atlanta Arms and Rem UMC ammo.  The trigger dingus was a little over protective and didn't fit flush with the trigger face and I fixed that.  Other than that, just shoot and lube.  I've shot one 2" group at 50 yards off a wrist rest.  Accuracy is not a problem.  Nothing is really a problem.  I put a Glock 4 lb trigger pin spring in it, pull is 4.5 lbs at the break, still a lot of creep, but a smooth trigger.  I haven't done any internal trigger bar polishing yet.  The slide lock and mag releases were pretty stiff initially, and are fine now. 

Joe

I shot two of them yesterday, both of them first trips to the range for the gun. Shooting factory ammo and reloads in both. What I noticed:

• gun tracks very well in shooting. feel/cyclic rate/flatness all of it was positive
  • grip is nice. i shot one with the S insert and one with the M. the texture on the grip and frame is nice and appreciated.
  • cocking serrations work even with the angle the slide is shaped at
  • trigger breaks in nicely and quickly. only when shooting very slowly and really focusing on the gun did i feel any "sproing" of the striker's mechanism
  • solid looking barrel and lugs
  • each gun fed 3 types of ammo with no issue

those were all the great things. the meh to me were:

• smallish controls. this could go either way. if it's sitting around on your all day iwb carry then i'm sure the controls are awesome. but i'd like them just a smidge larger. they did activate easily though and are in good places.
  • the sights. i know the ad copy was all about having metal sights and not throw away plastic ones but i couldn't stand them. frankly i hate all 3 dot sights on guns. for hd or sd i'd still get an all black rear and a tritium front. for competition an all black rear adjustable and a fo front. i realize this is entirely personal preference though.
  • detail strip. the field strip is easy and will be very familiar to glock users. but the detail strip will take a little more. it's not nearly as bad as a m&p but not like a glock. i imagine most people won't do a detail strip of the gun, but i do, so yeah.

So there you have it. the gun is a shooter. It feels like a quality gun right out of the box with a short break in period. the FDE version looks nice. And it shoots well, the most important thing. It's every bit as good as a G19 and better in some ways. I don't think you'd go wrong buying a p10 c at all. Heck, if they build a 5" barrel one i'd buy it too!