Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed Mag Pouch Screws

Qstick

I have managed to lose a few of the CR Speed mag pouch tensioning screws. I have checked with all of the retailers and shooters that I can think of, but nobody carries or can get extra screws.

Does anyone know the size of the bolt so i can make my own tensioning screws somehow....if anybody has an idea of what I should be doing, please let me know......

Zach

http://www.mcmaster.com/

look on the right at the bottom at: Fastening and sealing

look under that category for: Nuts... Click it

look for "Thumb Nuts"... click it

choose metric thread size... click it

Continue to drill down, til you find the one you need/want...

I could spend ALL DAY in the M-C fastener department.... ;)

Just got a response from Franco at CR Speed/RHT... the thread size is M3.

Here are some links to McMaster-Carr's selection:

Part# 96445A330, Stainless Steel

$1.60 each

Part# 90368A150, Stainless Steel

$1.42 each

Part# 96115A420, Brass

$1.03 each

They're actually all on the same catalog page... I linked them separately, so that each part will be highlighted individually in tan.

Hope this has been of some help to y'all. Had a guy at Area 4 lost one of his too. Sounds common.

what a timely thread. i also just lost 2 tension screws for my versa mag pouches. so, is there no way to order an original part?

also, i don't understand what to get at mcmaster-carr. the links above are for thumb nuts. i need the actual screw and the 2 nuts that go on either end.

Alright... "I" don't HAVE a Versa-Pouch... I simply took the time to email Franco and Resca at RHT/CR Speed and ask the thread size.

I ASSUMED from glancing at a single Versa at Area 4 that the thumb nut is what is being lost...

I don't mind looking the parts up for y'all, but I need to know what I am looking for....

Someone please take digital pics of the mag tensioning hardware for a Versa Pouch and post the pics to this thread... I will attempt to find and list all the different part numbers...

M-C has virtually every conceivable piece of hardware you could need. A WHOLE lot easier than trying to get a stocking dealer to stock spare parts that he has to order from South Africa...

I don't know what size the mag pouch screws are, but as someone else mentioned, they are metric.

When I stripped one of the screws on my CR holster, I took it into my local Fastenal store. They were able to tell me what size it was and I bought a bunch of them.

Look up like three posts... I posted the size per Franco at CR Speed. They are

M3

As I stated earlier, if someone will take the time to post digital pics of the complete set of tensioning hardware (exploded view in profile), I will look up and post a complete set of part numbers for it.

The whole assembly has 5 parts:

* the thumbnut

* a bolt that goes through it

* a washer

* a 5.5mm-wide nut that slides on the bolt (ie: the thread pattern & diameter does not match the bolt)

(all of the above go on the front of the pouch in the order listed)

* a 5.5mm-wide M3-threaded nut

(which goes in the back)

The thumbnut and bolt seem to be permanently attached; I can't get them apart. It looks like they may have used an untapped aluminum nut and a steel screw.

Thanks. I think I'll reconsider the 771's instead. :)

mine has yet to fall off, :P imho, the versa pouches are a-ok, since it basicallly gives you 1 platform for most type of mags used in ipsc.

instead of the 771, why not the newer 773?

I got some extra bolts from Max Michele Sr. at area 4. If you call him up he has a bunch of extra parts that he ordered when he had to replace some of his CR speed tension screws.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...