Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Atlas Open 2011

grantwoodok

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam installed mine as well.  I have been shooting with a nitro fin on my limited gun and knew I'd want a pedal for the open gun. 

My racker wouldn't come out so I had to give it a few good smacks with a nylon hammer to pop out of the detent.  Probably will have to do that a few more times until I can just pull it, so I'll be carrying around the hammer in my range back for the time being! haha 

515 rounds through it at the range today breaking it in.  This thing is incredible!

Mine 9mm top end came with an Infinity tube + Taran guts, my .40 top end came with an STI new gen with TTI guts.  It sounds like they're trying to go to STI tubes + taran guts exclusively based on their recent videos.  

The Infinity mag and an MBX that I have both ran flawlessly. The ammo today was HOT minor loads.  Wasn't really working the comp too much, but the dot stayed in the glass (barely), and the whole platform shot incredibly soft.

anyone have load data for the chaos with 124gr precision delta's and autocomp? for those of you who got the chaos, what did adam suggest for load data in the paperwork sent with the gun?

One of my buddies has load data for it. I’ll ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, GWChris said:

One of my buddies has load data for it. I’ll ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks man. Lemme know. I'm trying to get ahead of the game and have some ammo ready to test for when my gun makes it back lol

Edited by tcazes

Just checked the sheet that shipped with the gun, it recommends 7.5-7.9gr of Silhouette behind a 124 gr bullet, does not mention any other powders or bullet weights.

800-ish rounds through the gun this weekend to break it in.

First match with the Chaos and snagged a win as well as a 100% classifier:

Mine didn’t come with a sheet... took a screenshot from redhill’s YouTube review on it...

I didn’t like silhouette...

CFE was ok...

8.4 HS6 with Everglades/Montana 124s @170PF works great... I tried PDs and I get constant jambs... I’ve tried a lot of mag tuning and only Everglades and Montana’s work.

I’m still unclassified... mostly b/c scores in 2017...

Shot a M classifier 2 weeks ago...

so I’m happy with the gun and my new dry fire training.

1 hour ago, Steelix said:

Bluedevil008 nice run, gun looking good with you. What primers are you using. Is everyone small rifle or small pistol. 

I haven't started reloading yet, and won't for a few months.  Just running factory minor ammo through it in the meantime.  It doesn't work the comp much but recoil push is super soft.

On 2/11/2018 at 7:45 PM, bigbob21 said:

Mine didn’t come with a sheet... took a screenshot from redhill’s YouTube review on it...

I didn’t like silhouette...

CFE was ok...

8.4 HS6 with Everglades/Montana 124s @170PF works great... I tried PDs and I get constant jambs... I’ve tried a lot of mag tuning and only Everglades and Montana’s work.

I’m still unclassified... mostly b/c scores in 2017...

Shot a M classifier 2 weeks ago...

so I’m happy with the gun and my new dry fire training.

What was your OAL?   Mine are loaded to 1.175 and the gun ran great at our local match

14 minutes ago, GWChris said:

What was your OAL?   Mine are loaded to 1.175 and the gun ran great at our local match

Somewhere around 1.150
The standard for other 9mm 2011's seems to be 1.165 and to try and push as far as possible... Mine won't feed well at all above 1.160 no matter what bullet I use...
My dillon dies aren't very precise, so I set it to 1.15 and my barrel is happy with rounds in the 1.140 -1.160 range

31 minutes ago, GWChris said:

Is that 1.175 with PD's?   I just bought 124 jhp PD's that will sit over HS-6.  I was a little worried that bigbob said he had jams, but that's the first time I've heard anyone saying they couldn't run a specific jhp.