Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Atlas Open 2011

grantwoodok

I’ve had no cycling issues with the gun and I’ve probably put 3000 rounds down range. I did have an issue with screws for the DPP backing out and stripping the thread in the mount. Adam took care of that immediately. I also lost my slide racket at a match. That was my fault. Gun is still smooth and flat. My wife prefers shooting it to her Sig P938 ??? 

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, bluedevil008 said:

Curious what powder and bullets y'all are sending through your Chaos.  I have a Chaos the way and need to start playing with loads, but I've never loaded 9mm major before. 

Search "9 major powder"...

HS6, Silhouette, etc...

Edited by wgj3

I tried silhouette but eventually settled on HS6... got my chaos a couple months ago and wanted to dive into open quickly...

I’ll try out CFE pistol over winter probably, I’ve heard good things about it.

I’m running 124g Everglades hps... Montana’s shot well too...

precision delta did not work for me.

Also, I might have a short chamber? I don’t run anything over 1.160, usually 1.145-1.155

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember cruising Atlas' Facebook months ago and someone asked a recommended load for open. Adam responded with 124 JHP @1388fps for 168pf, 8.2 grains of silhouette at 1.170". He later said he was testing many different powders to see which worked the best so he might have a different recommendation for y'all.

Any idea what recoil spring came with your chaos? I’m thinking of doing experiments during the upcoming off-season on loads, springs, and such...

I know higher level guys would say that’s silly, just go practice... my response would be: my gun is still new, only been in open for 3 months and my second shot dips low if I split faster than say, .25s

(Dot stays in the glass tho)

On 10/21/2017 at 7:28 PM, bigbob21 said:

Any idea what recoil spring came with your chaos? I’m thinking of doing experiments during the upcoming off-season on loads, springs, and such...

I know higher level guys would say that’s silly, just go practice... my response would be: my gun is still new, only been in open for 3 months and my second shot dips low if I split faster than say, .25s

(Dot stays in the glass tho)

They come with 8lb recoil springs.