Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRC - Morro Bay

10mmdave

Well according to the weather web it's 60 degrees in Morro Bay and looks like it will

be 60 all weekend long and sunny. Dang I wish I was there, hopefully next year.

Let us folks know how it all went when you get back.

DaveP

jest finished the classerfiers. Bubber helped me. He said he'd progress me from c to d class. we er lookin' fer a guy named Roger that dezigned the classerfyers. Dey wuz hard. Bubber and I are gonna find the guy and fix his wagon. We miss Speedstick and his wife. Heard Speedstick had an accident. Best to Speedstick. He is missed.

Hey Underlug, me and Mamoo miss the gang too! :rolleyes:

You and Bubber have a great time at the IRC, we are with you in spirit!

I did not have an accident I was IN an accident. Doing better now. Have fun and don't forget to give Bubber h%ll!

The Match is in the books. Very fun. Mike and Kim Ballard did a great job. Thanks guys.

Jerry won open with Vic in second. Jason Pettit won limited. Congrats to them.

Got to shoot standards next to Bubber and got a few pointers, I should be able to get to D class in no time.

Thanks to all the ROs and match staff for all their hard work.

Cliff

I just finished my first IRC and first match with a (borrowed) wheel gun (Thanks to Lisa Farrell for that!) . I think there were probably darn few that finished lower than I did, and even fewer with a bigger smile than I after all was said and done. All the staff put on one heck of a great shoot. Now if I can just quit trying to rack the slide and stuff moonclips in the mag well....

I think I will be getting a long term loan of the 627 I borrowed, and will be shooting as many of these ICORE events as I can. I've been shooting just club events starting this past January on our local Steel Challange, this moving around and loading on the run was great. The caliber (to abuse a pun) of people I've met both at the club level and the national level has been top notch and they have all gone out of their way to make a newbie feel part of the club. I managed somehow to end up as a C class shooter in the classifiers on thursday but I have doubts that my match times will show that. Yes I already plan to be at next years!

Dave Wilson

Glad to hear the match went well.....Jerry 1st and Vic 2nd :o

who would have thunk it :lol:

And yes Dave W., you'll meet the friendliest folks at a revo match, last year was

my first IRC and I'm sorry I couldn't make it this year, great bunch of folks out

there.

So how'd you other attendee's do ??

Glad to hear the match went well.....Jerry 1st and Vic 2nd  :o

who would have thunk it :lol:

And yes Dave W., you'll meet the friendliest folks at a revo match, last year was

my first IRC and I'm sorry I couldn't make it this year, great bunch of folks out

there.

Just got home and had to check who posted first. I did o.k. except Standards. One of these days's I remember to go slow and shoot Xs. Oh well..

Great match. Good stages and high X count. Fantastic prize table.

Kim and Mike did a wonderful job. Chris Salee was spactacular as the prize coordinator. I got to meet some great people that have been on this board and we can now see each other's faces.

Hopefully a good time by all.

I had a good finish in the match, but went up aginst Jerry in the shoot off, I was the first sacrificial lamb. I kept up on the first run until the reload. He turned it up on the second run and I didn't stand a chance. I was thinking that at the buzzer I would just shoot the stop popper and call it a win, but I don't think he would have appreciated it.

According to Mr. Pickert and Mr. Ballard, Smith put in $26K retail. It looked like it. The smallest prize packages looked to be well over double the match fee (retail). It was very generous top to bottom. And, if you were lucky enough to have your name pulled, you could win a gun. Ask me how I know.

According to Mr. Pickert and Mr. Ballard, Smith put in $26K retail.  It looked like it.  The smallest prize packages looked to be well over double the match fee (retail).  It was very generous top to bottom.  And, if you were lucky enough to have your name pulled,  you could win a gun.  Ask me how I know.

Cool :)

Underlug, which gun the 500 or the 8-shot?

There were 39 guns on the table this year, 4 8 shot 627's, 4-6 625's and 4 610's plus about 5 686+'s and some GP100s.

I just made it home an hour ago. It is 1580 miles from my house to Atascadero, California. Don't ask me how I know! Next year I fly and d@&n the Regulators. Those of us there know it was a challenging match and quite deceiving on how hard it actually was. Talk later me sleep now...sssssss.

It was a great match. The combination of people and shooting always makes the IRC memorable.

Many thanks to the RO's who chased our butts all over the stages and the Ballards for orchestrating the entire shindig.

Didn't do as well as I would have liked, but learned what not to do next year! :angry:

It was also nice to match names and faces with Underlug, 8shooter, and others from this forum whom I hadn't met in previous years.

Bubber- it was fun hanging out. Next time we'll ask Mark T. to bring enough Oreos for everyone.

AzShooter was kind enough to take a group photo of some of the Apex Tactical clients/shooters at this years IRC which will be posted on the website soon. Next year we will do the same thing and see how many participants we can squish into a jpeg!

Not to get too gushy, but, all the ROs were pleasant, positive, and laughing. Of course, when I shoot it is hard not to laugh, but, they did work their butts off. Speaking of that, the whole Ballard family was on the go from the first minute I got there, and, I am sure there were many others less visable that really gave in order for the rest of us to have a great party. If you ever get a chance to shoot this match, do it.

Congrats to those who deserve it !!!!!

Congrats to those for going to THAT state <_< 1 Main reason I don't !!!!

Maybe one of these days they will move it out of there and I will make the trip too ! :)

Bubber, Way to go MAN !!!! :D:D:D

Congrats again !!!

Hopalong

Underlug thanx for the compliment. I always have a great time shooting with you. Even if it is only once a year. If you look at the breakdown by stages you can see just how deceivingly hard these stages were. Jerry did not win all the stages. But he did not lose any of them. He stated that some of them were survivor stages, not much to win but a lot you could lose. Now don't misunderstand, Jerry did beat us soundly. My biggest regret was the standards. On the reload both were bad and had a misfire on one then had to rush my last part on each of the 10 and 3 yard run. On the top targets I had 5X's 1A on each of the top three targets. On the bottom row it was 1 X, 4A's and a C!, then 2X's, 3A's and a B! then 2X's, 1 A and 3!! B's. My Proudest stage was stage 1 where I went into a time warp. I don't remember the buzzer going off but remember being in box B making up a Hit at a 40 yard steel target and then a mandatory reload for my last 2 hits in Box E. I ran it in 39.67 clean. B) And looking at me one would not think I could move that fast. But Underlug told me I was bookin and when I would hit the box I was shooting and leaving smoothly. Well I better get to my story for the CT while I can still remember all that happend. I will definetly see all next year, ;) I hear it will be a run and gun match, it seems to change every year, which is good. Later rdd

Judas Priest, that Jerry is just amazing. He takes these guys like Vic and Jason, great shooters in their own right, and just stomps the living crap out of them.

Every single time.

And by huge margins.

I would say that he's Ed McGivern reincarnated, except Jerry can do so much more than Ed ever could on his best days......