Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Chrono to get?

chrisman17

Second vote for the PACT MkIV. Make sure to get it from our host Brian. It gives you a good timer as part of the package and the sky screens are very robust. You can't go wrong with this package.

--

Regards,

I haven't experimented with any other chrono but the one that came with the MKIV timer from PACT. It works great. The chrono has been very accurate as compared to the official chronograph at major matches.

mk4.jpg

"..The MK IV Timer ships with the chronograph and the skyscreens for no additional charge.."

$199.95 - Free shipping in the U.S.

Order Here

4th for the Pact MK IV. I've had mine for about 9 years, no problems at all...

(Works good as timer also, I even use mine indoors for dryfire (just put a peice of vinyl tape over the speaker). )

4th for the Pact MK IV. I've had mine for about 9 years, no problems at all...

(Works good as timer also, I even use mine indoors for dryfire (just put a peice of vinyl tape over the speaker). )

Well gee, it looks like its pretty overwhelming on which chrono i should get. The mark iv for me!! Thanks guys!

Personally I chose the Pact Pro model... But I wanted the "extra" features... I went so far as to pick up a special regulated inverter for it, so I can take it to the range. I bought it along with the Pact powder dispenser/scale combo from BE's store here...

And next month I'll be grabbing a Mk IV...

Well I am late again, but add my vote to the Pact MKIV. Great timer for personal training and it is a chrono too. I bought the timer and the bar for the skyscreen from Brian and have had no trouble with it. It is possible to hit a wrong button and have to reset it when using it to run a match but that mostly happens to those who borrow it these days, with a little experience you learn to just hit the big green go button. B)

I've had real good luck w/ the MkIV, as well. Count another vote in that column :) The only time I had problems with hitting the wrong button was using the Comstock GO (I think it's called???) button in practice, and I'd end up hitting the green button, instead - nuking the previously saved data...

Oh, when I got my original one (used), the buttons didn't like to work all the time - using a pencil eraser on the contact pads fixed that right up (at the direction of the folks at Pact :) )

Yep... I learned the pencil eraser trick troubleshooting PRC-77 radios when I was a new Platoon Leader.... Pencil eraser does a great job of cleaning copper and/o tin contacts.

Oops... Sorry or the thread drift... I've been in this weird nostalgic mood all day. :)