Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom Munition 9MM LUGER 135 GR HP REMAN

ARMAGEDON

Hi there guys, i decided to try this ammo to see how this 135gr hollow point performs in my Tanfoglio Stock II.   Today i tried 100 and it was a nightmare.  More than 30 rounds got stock on the barrel ramp.   If you compare to the same ammo in 124gr the 124 is way shorter.   I shot 100 rounds of 124gr hollow point with no problems at all.

My barrel was sent to Beven more than 4 month ago.   But the problem is not the barrel.   It is that it get stock on the ramp of the barrel.    One of my friends made me like 50 rounds using blue bullet 147gr using the same measure of Freedom 135gr and it didn't gave me problems.

Does anyone with the same problem?   Of course i wont use it anymore but want to know if someone had the same problem.

Thanks

My Springfield RO in 9mm loves these.  I'd suspect it's like anything else, finding a profile and length that matches your feed ramp, chamber and barrel.

My Glock 17 happens to like them too but it eats anything.  They're my go-to competition round for the price.  My PX4 actually seems to prefer the 135gr flat point.

15 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

like mentioned above, it sounds like your gun doesn't like that certain profile. Is this the only ammo you have feeding issues with?

Yes is the only ammo.   Actually it shoots Freedom 124gr with no problems.   Also i have shot Bayu, SNS and Blue Bullets in 147gr with no problems.    I'm also trying SNS Cast bullets 135gr coated and no problems at all.   It is only with Freedom 135gr hollow point.    Have a look.   I'm not worried because she runs other ammo perfectly

1.pdf

2.pdf

I had the exact same problem with freedom in my Tanfo's back when they first came out with the 135gr. It's the length. My Tanfo's won't shoot any freedom Ammo 135gr and above. Solution for me was to just quit using freedom. For factory ammo, I use American Eagle 147gr flat point. If you search the internet you can find great deals for prices similar to freedom. AE is much better Ammo.

10 minutes ago, cakedog02 said:

I had the exact same problem with freedom in my Tanfo's back when they first came out with the 135gr. It's the length. My Tanfo's won't shoot any freedom Ammo 135gr and above. Solution for me was to just quit using freedom. For factory ammo, I use American Eagle 147gr flat point. If you search the internet you can find great deals for prices similar to freedom. AE is much better Ammo.

Thanks for your info.   Freedom email me and they will change all my 135gr for 124gr.

In the mean time a friend of mine is making me 135gr but shorter than Freedom.   We use SNS Casting bullets with Tite Group powder.   Never had a problem with this recipe.   I will stay with this one.

Thanks everyone

4 hours ago, ARMAGEDON said:

Yes is the only ammo.   Actually it shoots Freedom 124gr with no problems.   Also i have shot Bayu, SNS and Blue Bullets in 147gr with no problems.    I'm also trying SNS Cast bullets 135gr coated and no problems at all.   It is only with Freedom 135gr hollow point.    Have a look.   I'm not worried because she runs other ammo perfectly

1.pdf

2.pdf

Can't open the attachments with the phone.