Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ in Limited/L10

MissionaryMike

CHA-LEE used to run a tanfo in limited, now runs a 2011. Don't quote me on this, but I think the cost of frames and top ends went up and up, and customer service from tanfo was really poor, so he switched. I don't know of any other high level shooter using the platform, but I don't see how it could hold you back either. Certainly won't keep you out of GM. I'm curious as well if any top shooters are using the TS. I'd like to be the first, but I have a job and a family...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

On 2/23/2017 at 8:41 PM, obsessiveshooter said:

but I don't see how it could hold you back either.

Reloads are faster/more reliable with a 2011 than a TS, I don't think there is any issue with Tanfo vs 2011 but I don't have one to compare. 

There is probably a different magwell/mag opening solution for the CZ out there somewhere but I have not found it. 

11 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

I have a czechmate mag well on mine and then hand blended the frame opening to the magwell. No reload issues there due to anything equipment related.

Was hoping that somebody had worked through a fix. 

If the mood strikes you it would be great to see a picture. 

3 hours ago, huskerlrrp said:

I took the CZ custom large magwell and blended it to the frame. I haven't missed a reload yet but you can see some of my flyers with the nicks. :D

(note: the rear has a smoother transition than the picture indicates). 

DSCN3473_zpsutrrb40n.jpg

Thank you!

That looks perfect. Playing with reloads on mine, the rear does not seem to need to be dead even between the well and the frame but the sides of the frame hanging out are a problem, the front is already matched pretty well. 

From the picture it appears that the CZC well is oversized relative to the opening in the frame so you end up removing metal from the frame to match the well instead of the other way around? Would be a lot more relaxing to dremel on a $75 replaceable part than my brand new gun. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

From the picture it appears that the CZC well is oversized relative to the opening in the frame so you end up removing metal from the frame to match the well instead of the other way around? Would be a lot more relaxing to dremel on a $75 replaceable part than my brand new gun. 

That was the case (removed material from magwell) with the magwell I had from CZ Custom. I had it re-hard anodized but it was probably a waste of time if function was only considered.  

26 minutes ago, huskerlrrp said:

That was the case (removed material from magwell) with the magwell I had from CZ Custom. I had it re-hard anodized but it was probably a waste of time if function was only considered.  

Alrighty then. 

Will get one on order.

Thanks!!

I shot my tactical sport in limited division, it did fine. There would be no reason that you couldn't shoot one to very high level, but the reloads definitely are easier on the 2011. If you don't get them mags just square to the gun, you can actually get them to lock up in the frame since it's a square hole and a very square magazine. Less forgiving than the super duper taper of a 2011 tube.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk