Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Are Storm Lake Barrels Worth Using?

sasquatch981

I have a Stormlake barrel for my G35. It's very accurate but the problem is that the chamber is very tight. So if your ammo is slighty out of spec or you have a little lead in the chamber, it'll get stuck. So then you have to grab hole of the slide and hit the frame to release the round. I don't know how much longer my extractor can take this. I did have a little dremel work on it since last Saturday so we'll find out this one.

I have a Storm Lake barrel in my 17 and 24 and I am very happy with both of them. Accurate and very well made. I have been to their plant in TN and they have a nice operation set up. They nake barrels for Wilson and they also make the barrels for the Sig GSR. You can get them at TopGlock.com for $98.00 bucks. That is a lot of barrel for the money. The chamber was also tight in my 24 but once I found the right round I did not have any more jambs.

I have had experience with three Storm Lake barrels and they have all dropped in and fit nicely with no modifications. You can get them for $100.00 through TopGlock and that is a great price for a great barrel.

• 4 weeks later...

I use one of the G35 to 9mm Storm Lake conversion barrel.....very accurate and has given me no problems... Nice workmanship on the entire barrel and fit was just right.

I wish they made them for some of the other guns I have.......

Paul