Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2s rumored to be arriving?

SlvrDragon50

30 minutes ago, slavex said:

The frames are all nitrided, at least as of my last talk with the factory, then poly over top. 

I agree tons of people send out guns to get nitrided and get them back looking good. But having seen my buddies rifle actions and talked to the owner of the company doing the nitriding, I'm going to assume he knows what he's talking about. 

So I'm not really understanding this...

If all the frames have the polycoat, what's the point of the nitriding underneath?

All the frames are nitrided for protection, then some are poly coated after. Urban grey, black and potentially other colors too. I'll see if I can get more info next week from them at IWA. 

Edited by slavex

53 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

i care about an arrival date.

I did, but the 2000 by when date is now what I'm thinking about.

Noticed that Hinterland outfitters has them listed at $1098 for coated and $1148 for hoity toity. I have no idea if that price will hold when they start getting them in stock. Best price I have seen advertised so far. 

1 hour ago, IHAVEGAS said:

I did, but the 2000 by when date is now what I'm thinking about.

Noticed that Hinterland outfitters has them listed at $1098 for coated and $1148 for hoity toity. I have no idea if that price will hold when they start getting them in stock. Best price I have seen advertised so far. 

Yea, I'm surprised to see so many places listing prices below MSRP.