Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Browning Gold in 3Gun

AH6IP

For those of you thinking of using the Briley extension/kit, make sure they send you the correct follower.  Browning has changed the size of the guns' mag tube(according to Briley) and the follower will not fit.

And another thing-the Briley kit has the Browning 3.5 magnum recoil spring.  If it still does not let the bolt close back completely during cycling, think about cutting a few inches(3-4)off your stock spring(start long and trim down!) you removed and adding it to the end of the new recoil spring.  That being said, light loads may not cycle correctly without opening up the gas ports(see earlier post)

tried to find the piston and port thingies ya'll are having problems with and realized my benelli must be an early model and they left those out on the economy version adios, I guess I'll just have to load my first round in the chamber.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is a 3 inch, but the kit Briley sells includes a 3.5 inch recoil spring to assist in pushing the rounds back inside of the mag tube. I can't say if it still has problems, it did when it left on the UPS truck in September( back to Briley for the second time). Maybe one day it will come back. I leave the front porch light on just in case.

Kyle...back in 70-72 I was stationed at Hakata, on Kyushu, and one of the guys had a 360cc chain drive Honda car....If you could find one of those, you would need a Hurst tool to cut me out after the stage... Too many Akadamas, and San Miguels down in the PI....Les

• 2 months later...

At the first of this post I said I was on a reliability test. here is how it is going. I cleaned the gun last septemer 2002, since then I have shot about 1500 rds and 8 matches without cleaning the gun. At the last match I had a ftf, the bolt would stick back and not lift a shell up to be fed into the chamer. I supose it is time to clean and oil the gun. The gun lately will shoot ALL loads that I put in it including the light trap loads. In conclution I have found the gun runs clean (gas system) and after the initial break in it will shoot everthing I feed it. It will run even when it gets quite dirty (dirt in action). I am very happy with the gun and can not see any reason to switch guns in the near future.

Also it would be nice to here how everyone else who has a browning gold is doing with their guns. Please post a reply and let us know.

Scott,

I just had the opportunity to function fire my new Browning Gold since it came back from Briley. We didn't shoot it much, but it ran perfectly with Walmart Federal loads and PMC slugs. I'm looking forward to really giving it a wrokout soon.

-deke