Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So Who Is Going To Sc 2005?

cautery

I'm gonna drive out from Texas in time to arrive for the beginning of the event on the 15th and start driving back on Monday. I figure I can hang out and watch for the most part on Thursday and Friday, then shoot Saturday/Sunday depending on what the "real" schedule calls for.

BTW, this is my first SC, and my first competitive pistol shoot (barring those that happen between now and then) since about 1993, so I've got a lot of work to do between now and then to avoid thorough embarrassment. ;)

About 4 hours to Austin from here... I could probably do Austin every now and again... San Antonio would be a stretch....

As far as I can tell, there aren't ANY SCSA clubs in North Texas...

About 4 hours to Austin from here...  I could probably do Austin every now and again...  San Antonio would be a stretch....

As far as I can tell, there aren't ANY SCSA clubs in North Texas...

SCSA is slow about their web site (we're not on it after a year and a half).. and not the only word in steel. The Tyler folks used to do steel as well, and I'd think somebody up there could or should be convinced to (Double-Tap? Breckenridge?) ... shoot, how far is Shreveport? Shoot against Jerry-- he almost won the whole thing a year ago.

Oh yeah, we plan to be there.

Tyler isn't quite as far as Austin... and Shreveport isn't out of the question, but I have a place to stay in Canyon Lake, so Central Texas is a more likely candidate.

Breckenridge would be cool... I think it's not all that far SW of here... forgot where Double Tap was, but I don't think it's all that far either...

What club are you in shred?

Joel... It'd be cool to meet you in CA... I lived up around Fresno til last November. No offense, but I'm glad Piru is a "visit". ;)

Clay, it'll be nice to meet you too! On Friday I'll be one of a few decked out in Cowboy type clothes and sportin a 2 revolver rig. Thursday I'll be wearking a "Western 3 Gun" shirt. It's a very challenging course of fire for a pair of Ruger Vaquero's. Look for me! I'm looking forward to meeting other BE'ers.

I am pretty sure that we're here on a rather extended visit. I don't know when we'll be able to clear out of CA, but we do plan to. Depends on work.

Joel

I'll be shooting my first Steel Challenge this year. I'm pretty excited. I'd be REALLY excited if I weren't flying in from the PPC Nationals the night before. Talk about switching gears! Should be interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

The Miculek IDPA Club shoots steel the 4th Sunday every month, we go by the Steel Chalenge rules, we are trying to put together a state or regional match this year, we started late and may not can pull it off before the main match in California, however we will still do our monthly match. We start at 8am in the summer months 10am in the cooler months, all 7 stages are run. Come see us (sometimes the STEEL MASTER himself joins us as well as the THE TOP WOMAN STEEL SHOOTER). See our Web site, Miculek IDPA Club

Byoung

I will be going along with my 11 year old son Michael. I will shoot rimfire pistol iron sight, .22rifle and optical sight in the main event.

Michael will be shooting .22 pistol(optical sight) and rifle in the preteen. He thinks that the shooting will be fun but he is also excited about the fact that six flags has 16 rollercoasters. Airline fare was $298 on Continental roundtrip from McAllen.

Any hotel recommendations? In 2001 I stayed at a dive near the range. The fire alarm is still ringing in my ears.

Valencia and surrounds (all the towns run together there) is where the action is at, but the proximity of Six Flags cranks the price. Like always it's 1/2 hr from the range. Fillmore is the other way from Piru almost the same distance, maybe a little less. It's where I'll be staying since my brother is close by, but I plan several Valencia trips.