Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holsters, Mag pouches,

homewrecker07

4 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

IDPA is glorious, isn't it? I forgot that you have to tape up the cutout.

It's real-world defensive shooting when a patch of duct tape can make your gear Sufficiently Tactical.

My local buddies who shoot both sports (my only continual contact with IDPA) have relayed the type of bitching that's happening from the Timmy types regarding USPSA Fault Cover Lines being required now.

I look forward to seeing how IDPA has evolved whenever I shoot it again. It'll be a year or so - I'll have to grab a plastic Tanfo or an LP in order to play there. But there's a lot of ruckus on their forums for sure.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 minute ago, MemphisMechanic said:

It's real-world defensive shooting when a patch of duct tape can make your gear Sufficiently Tactical.

My local buddies who shoot both sports (my only continual contact with IDPA) have relayed the type of bitching that's happening from the Timmy types regarding USPSA Fault Cover Lines being required now.

Oh. Dude.  You have no idea the crying and whining going on. It's almost funny to listen to. 

6 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

This is the internet! Stop reading the actual rules and start groundlessly speculating on what you think they might be. But sound like it's fact, not opinion.

Got it!

I'm gonna rock my LP in a holster for a CZ and use ghost pouches with duct tape. 

Cant wait to watch the timmies point fingers.  

I'm gonna have all that stuff underlined in the rulebook!

6 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I'm guessing he'll refer to the cutout at the top center of the outside of the pouch. Per IDPA they have to be solid on the side facing away from the body.

Bingo! I didn't know about the duct tape solution though. I might get some afterall since I'm splitting time between USPSA and IDPA right now.

19 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I look forward to seeing how IDPA has evolved whenever I shoot it again. It'll be a year or so - I'll have to grab a plastic Tanfo or an LP in order to play there. But there's a lot of ruckus on their forums for sure.

We run IDPA because at our indoor match with narrow bays it just makes more sense.

But I gotta say - I'm loving the Fault Lines (cause I love USPSA).

The amount of crying on facebook over how IDPA is becoming USPSA-lite is so funny to me. I'm like... this is a bad thing?

With one second per point down will really make you focus accuracy though. I'm hoping that this will allow me to have 'live fire practice with a focus on accuracy' with IDPA and then when I shoot USPSA take the governors off and blaze it down and retain some of that accuracy since I'm still shooting minor.

Here's to hoping. 

• 2 weeks later...
Fellow forum member informed me that about 30 mins from me is a range that is going to start 3 Gun. Unfortunately I'm about 2 guns short but they do have IDPA so I want to try my first match in Feb or March.

Can anyone point me to which holsters would fit the Match 45? And mag pouches?

Show up to the 3 gun match with what you have + shotgun and rifle ammo. Guaranteed to find someone who will share gear so you can try it out.

Show up to the 3 gun match with what you have + shotgun and rifle ammo. Guaranteed to find someone who will share gear so you can try it out.

Well, my plans for doing any competition is shot. I just broke my leg over the weekend and will be out for 2-3 months. I guess I can dryfire/reload train till then.

1 hour ago, homewrecker07 said:

Well, my plans for doing any competition is shot. I just broke my leg over the weekend and will be out for 2-3 months. I guess I can dryfire/reload train till then.

Sorry to hear that, man.  Must be a bad break to be out that long.