Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to forums and New Match

homewrecker07

Hello everyone!

Just picked up my new Tanfoglio Elite Match 45 from my FFL earlier this week. I can't wait to get it to the range but something looks off with my hammer. The hart hammer isn't as pronounced as the ones in pictures all over the net. It's like they got lazy and didn't finish milling the inside.

But otherwise loving it and so much info to read on these forums. Looking for some nice grips. Henning or EGD, leaning on the xtremes right now.

b7d3e59d4110a4c2e21c6ed93bdc36c8.jpg

4 minutes ago, ryridesmotox said:

Welcome to the forum.

The hammer is how it looked on both of my stock 2s. Normally I would chalk it up to a design change... But in tanfoglios, could have just been accidental

Design change maybe. I haven't read any failures with the hammers but eh.. I dunno.

EAA_Witness_Elite_Match_308427_i0.jpg

Just now, ryridesmotox said:

I still say that Luigi came back from lunch, after having too much red wine and pressed the wrong button. Rofl

Checks out...

4 minutes ago, johnbu said:

The hammer is an intentional change and it works better than the old one.

But the old one looked SO good....

29 minutes ago, homewrecker07 said:

Design change maybe. I haven't read any failures with the hammers but eh.. I dunno.

Does look much sexier like that. But most of us have swapped over to the titan hammer anyways.

Are you going to compete with it? Or is it a recreational pistol for plinking and such?

Edited by ryridesmotox

Welcome to the forum.

I will wager a shiny nickel that your hammer gets changed out at some point so it will not matter either way.

I thought all the grip options I have tried so far have been on the small side as well.

There should be some new grips options with palm swells soon if we are all lucky.  Looking at you Patriot Defense.  

Edited by billthemarine2862

Just now, ryridesmotox said:

Does look much sexier like that. But missy of is have swapped over to the titan hammer anyways.

Are you going to compete with it? Or is it a recreational pistol for plinking and such?

Would love to compete but with 2 kids under 3 I haven't had much time.

I feel you bro. I have a 4 year old and an 8 month old. It takes some negotiating... But I get out once a month for a match. And maybe once a week or every other to go shoot... If I sneak out before work.

Edited by ryridesmotox

You need a backyard range...

7 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

I feel you bro. I have a 4 year old and an 8 month old. It takes some negotiating... But I get out once a month for a match. And maybe once a week or every other to go shoot... If I sneak out before work.

Dryfire it 100 times or more for starters.

Then tear it all the way down and look at how things move: Figure out how the gun works. 

Then polish every hole in an internal part and every pin and spring that rides in those holes, along with all the surfaces on trigger bar, disconnector, and hammer where metal rubs on metal.

In many cases you can lose 2 pounds of trigger weight just from this, but the primary benefit is that the trigger movement will be smooth as glass.