Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting production in 2017, what pouches to go with?

mikeinctown

I want to start shooting USPSA Production in 2017 and am trying to decide on what pouches to start purchasing. I just bought a DAA Pro belt and a PDR Pro II holster. I am planning on Shooting a CZ SP-01. (SP-01 Shadow and stock FPB SP-01)

My budget and time is limited so I'll most likely only be able to shoot one or two matches a month and I really can't justify $50 plus on a single pouch. That said, I've been looking at the Ghost 360 pouches, CR Speed pouches, and a knock off I've seen on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/302037219944?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT  So I'm looking at $25 max a pouch.

Ideally I'll be picking up 6 of them, but would like to grab 2-4 to start so I can practice magazine changes at home this winter.

Wondering what input you all have for each different design and what has worked for you. Also, I may want to try single stack with my 1911, so if these pouches would work with single stack, that may be a plus.

I really like the Ghost 360 pouches for CZ mags. They retain the mags well while also allowing an easy, smooth pull to reload. The Ghosts also come with two physical mag pouches per attachment, one to face the bullets forward and one to face the bullets out. It's a nice to have options. The real Ghosts are inexpensive enough and they really are a spectacular product. I picked mine up from Ben Stoeger Pro Shop, quick shipping and just under $24 each. 

I'm a big fan of the Ghost pouches. Economical, bullets forward or out for no extra cost, durable, and easily adaptable to nearly any magazine. Stoeger Pro Shop sells spacers for the Ghost Pouches to accommodate single stack mags, $6 each.

Ghost sells on ebay.. I bought mine there for my Tanfoglio Lim Pro after finding those mags won't fit in my XDM pouches.  Those are from eAmp on ebay but they don't do a pouch to fit the Tanfo mags.. I found a way to utilize the extra pouch and am running them on my Open rig.