Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When You Are The Only Revolver Shooter

I would stay in revo div.

Two reasons: If you shoot a classifier it should count for revo.

Also, if there are any other "possible" revo people out there that watch the results of other clubs, they might be inclined to shoot there with you if they see another "life" form in it.

Dan

Shoot Revo or the bottom feeders that you beat will get mad.

Does it really matter what class you put yourself in?

I enjoy shooting my Revolver and don't have to compete against anyone else. It's nice to see how I stack up in the overall but as long as I'm doing my best I don't care where I come in.

I'll echo what the others wrote. But add that it's reassuring when checking out other club's match results and seeing the occasional revolver shooter. That and this group is the only way I'd know other's do compete USPSA with a revolver :huh:

I've been thinking about shooting Production with my Mod 10.

That way you dont have major/minor to further handicap yourself....just 5 extra rounds    :wub:

Revo guys already get a bad rap for being wrong in the head but that is taking it to a new level of depravity :lol:

Go for it ;)

As for being the only revolver guy...who cares? Shoot what makes you happy. You won't be alone for long. Someone else will give it a try if they see "that guy" enough times shooting all by himself.

Good luck!

As for being the only revolver guy...who cares? Shoot what makes you happy.

Good luck!

That is where I am looking. I was thinking production with my 66 and speed loaders or with my 4" 625. I will not stop shooting revolver just because I am the only one. I am used to that.

I guess I just need to know if I can shoot production with a revolver??

As for classifiers, I really don't care about them either. I am a C club level shooter. I shoot to have a good time and rarely shoot anything other than club matches. It is all about the social aspect and enjoying what I do.

Thanks for the replies,

My quick 2 cents.....

I started shooting because it was fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still shoot because it is fun !!!!!!!!!!!!

I pick my poison (revolver) because all my life I have always been the one that did things "different"

What about being the only one ?????

This is a very common theme amongst revolver shooters.......

It always boils back down to this for me........

I am shooting for myself, the fun, the social aspect (seeing all my good friends I have met doing this) The gaining more competence with the gun.

Sam

And, I usually shoot revolver division but have strayed into L-10 with the 6 gun occasionally.

Hop

I pick my poison (revolver) because all my life I have always been the one that did things "different"

Very different... :lol::lol: Hop just pickin on ya :P

I dont think shooting a revo in USPSA is going to be what it once was...I like to shoot revo just because I like to. The divisions dont really matter. Pick one and shoot have fun!!!

I say shoot your revolver in revolver division.

Besides the fun you'll have, you'll lend an element of diversity to the match while inspiring shooters young and old with your fearless individualism. B)

Or at least provide comic relief which always makes for a great time. :D

Shoot in Revolver Division, its like Carden said, if others watch match results from other clubs they might decide to come join ya. Besides I like hearing the rash of jokes and shit that comes from the other guys, its all in fun.

If revo is what you want to shoot, then shoot it and have fun, and dont forget to joke back with the others.

I took on a rash of shit this past match, I was the only one shooting revo, had 2 stages that were 30 and 32 rounds. The jokes didnt stop all day, it made for a fun match and when looking at combined results of the finished match for each stage I WASN'T in last place....hehehe

Dont ever think because you only have 6 rounds in your gun, your at anykind of disadvatage.

My quick 2 cents.....

I started shooting because it was fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still shoot because it is fun !!!!!!!!!!!!

What about being the only one ?????

This is a very common theme amongst revolver shooters.......

It always boils back down to this for me........

I am shooting for myself,  the fun,  the social aspect (seeing all my good friends I have met doing this) The gaining more competence with the gun.

Sam

And, I usually shoot revolver division but have strayed into L-10 with the 6 gun occasionally.

i'd shoot the revolver, but i really don't want to hurt sam's feelings. i want him to continue to shoot with us. :lol::lol::P

i'd shoot the revolver, but i really don't want to hurt sam's feelings.  i want him to continue to shoot with us. :lol:  :lol:  :P

Awww, come on Lynn, shoot 6 gun with us. I'd like to see one of those "high" reloads with a wheel gun. :D

RGS,

Drive to Springfield and you won't be lonely.

Craig

Thanks, but 4 hours of driving for three 18 round IDPA stages is really not worth the trip when I can do the same drive to Harvard or Manville RI for five stages from anywhere from 20 to 30 rounds each.

See you in New Bedford.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

That is where I am looking. I was thinking production with my 66 and speed loaders or with my 4" 625. I will not stop shooting revolver just because I am the only one. I am used to that.

I guess I just need to know if I can shoot production with a revolver??

The only problem with shooting Production with a revolver is the positioning restrictions of that division. EVERYTHING has to be mounted behind the hipbone. That means reaching around behind your back to get to the 4, 5, 6 clips or speedloaders, rather than having them spread out across your "front porch". L10 doesn't have that restriction, but you also can't load 38Spl or .357 to Major and shoot them in L10. (minimum caliber for major is 40).

I ususally catch a good natured ribbing from my usual band of cohorts...but I always point out that I get at least twice the range time for the same money....

Just started shooting revo with a 5" mdl 625, but have been having a great time- FUN is what it's about for me. Who cares if I am not #1- I just try (and have been successful so far) not to finish DFL in the match!

Hell shoot whatever division you want. I shot on Dan Carden's squad at the IA Section match. Dan shot the El Prez faster then I did, and I am shooting a tricked out XD!!! I guess I won't be giving the revolver guys any more crap after that stage.