Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 with black barrel??

MarMahDuke

I may have let pre election paranoia take hold and bought a SP-01 a few weeks ago.  I noticed when I bought it (i don't have it in my possession yet... stupid 10 day waiting period) that it has a black barrel and not the normal stainless.  Didn't think much of it at the time, but now i'm thinking it may mean something.  I know SP-01's used to come with cold hammer forged barrels. Could the change in color mean its a different manufacturing method?  Or am I just being paranoid.  Any thoughts?  Thanks

30 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

I've bought lots of new barrels from CZ USA and it's more or less random if they're black or silver.

Thanks man.. you're in SD huh?  I shoot Pala and Oceanside thursday matches as often as I can.  I just bough the SP-01 to get into production since my limited gun will soon be limited 10 by default.   If your up at LDF anytime I'd appreciate a few minutes of your time to pick your brain on priorities for upgrading the gun.  I'm planning doing all the upgrades myself.  See you out there.

Black barrel on my SP-01 from 1-2 years ago. Except it isn't a good black like Sig puts on theirs. It rubs off easily. took less than 20 minutes on my lathe with a buffing wheel to remove every bit of black from the barrel. It just looked like crap as the black was rubbing off all over so I helped it along and polished it up nice.