Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will they ever do away with major/minor for Limited?

FlashAndPoof

On 12/4/2016 at 10:12 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

Hmmm, so you are saying that the new guys see the obvious problem with the rules and then give up & roll with the flow rather than try and fix it? 

It would be more accurate to say that new guys show up unprepared and would initially rather make the sport more limp-wristed instead of gripping their guns like a grown man. Usually after a few matches tho they harden the heck up and start holding on tighter (and buy an appropriate gun for competition).

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Gooldylocks said:

Talking about yourself in the 3rd person like that is very creepy and weird, just fyi

creepy and weird? that's what she said!

I'm not *forced* to shoot minor, I just do it for the high senior plaques. My mom is super proud of those.

5 minutes ago, IronArcher said:

Which is exactly what major scoring does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No. It is what making minor (the wrong tool for the job, i.e. the iron off the tee in our example) get more points is doing. 

"Oh, well the full length tees are here at these white ones, and then the ladies' tees are up there next to the red markers, so why don't you just go ahead and walk another 30 yards or so past that and give'er a smack, that ought to make it fair since you decided a 5 iron is the right club for this par 5"

Edited by Gooldylocks

No. It is what making minor (the wrong tool for the job, i.e. the iron off the tee in our example) get more points is doing. 

"Oh, well the full length tees are here at these white ones, and then the ladies' tees are up there next to the red markers, so why don't you just go ahead and walk another 30 yards or so past that and give'er a smack, that ought to make it fair since you decided a 5 iron is the right club for this par 5"

You realize major, gets more points for B/C/D hits right?
Moving the tees closer.

10 hours ago, IronArcher said:

You realize major, gets more points for B/C/D hits right?
Moving the tees closer.

right, because major has much more stopping powerz, so only one shot from the mighty 40 will rip an assailant's arm right off, even if it doesn't hit him, but just flies by closely. You appear to be advocating for bb guns and spitballs to get the same consideration, but the 40 will rip someone's arm off at 100 yards, whereas the bb gun will only annoy old ladies and stray cats at like 10 yards, so yeah, moving the tees closer. You could also put a little fridge there at the close tees with wine coolers, or cosmopolitans.

Edited by motosapiens

6 hours ago, IronArcher said:

78f828705764512fd0564af0706fbe8e.jpg

Now you have done it, since that one came first then all should be forced to use it just like it is forever.

Hellfire and damnation and torrents of anal seepage would follow if somebody ever said they thought folks should be free to choose their preferred color for the sleeve or make one that was mirror image or left handed. 

We have it, it is like it is for no good reason, and that's that. 

Anyone else a Family Guy fan? Know Bruce? Then you'll understand this timely and eloquent reference...

I don't care!

Sack up or shut up. Seriously. Okay or get the damn rules changed and quit yer bitchen.

IronArcher doesn't have the wrong tool for the job.
That doesn't preclude him from engaging in a logical discussion on rules, even if such discussions are rhetorical.

Wow! It IS kinda creepy to refer to yourself in the third person. ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with something like this. Not that long ago no one thought CO would ever be a thing, but here we are. Before that we added 8 shot minor to Revo and completely flipped the balance of power, making the 625 go from king of the hill to obsolete. PCC wasn't even a blip on the radar, it became pretty controversial and it's now a division. So we may as well get on board now and start coming up with ideas.

My idea....We need to slow the sport down, guys shoot major and just hose away at targets with out really aiming and can still beat better more accurate shooters who are running minor. My solution is transition to time plus scoring, no more major or minor. We will make the A zone add zero seconds to your score. The B/C will add one second. The D zone will add 3 seconds. This should force shooters to use their sights more and really start to aim. I bet we will even be able to draw shooters from other disciplines too. So it's a win/win really.

1 hour ago, Racinready300ex said:

My idea....We need to slow the sport down, guys shoot major and just hose away at targets with out really aiming and can still beat better more accurate shooters who are running minor. My solution is transition to time plus scoring, no more major or minor. We will make the A zone add zero seconds to your score. The B/C will add one second. The D zone will add 3 seconds. This should force shooters to use their sights more and really start to aim. I bet we will even be able to draw shooters from other disciplines too. So it's a win/win really.

There is already a sport designed to cater to old slow people like that, and it sucks.

if you really think guys are hosing away without aiming, and you want to put a bigger premium on accuracy, design some stages that require a little accuracy. In my area, if you hose without aiming, you hit lots of no-shoots and hardcover mikes and you run to slidelock while missing at steel.

4 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

There is already a sport designed to cater to old slow people like that, and it sucks.

if you really think guys are hosing away without aiming, and you want to put a bigger premium on accuracy, design some stages that require a little accuracy. In my area, if you hose without aiming, you hit lots of no-shoots and hardcover mikes and you run to slidelock while missing at steel.

Moto, Dave is on to something....

But, people in this thread have made the point that major shooters don't aim so we need more minor. Of course I would wonder if major shooters can win with out aiming and that is a problem how will bringing minor up to be more competitive fix anything? Wouldn't that mean minor shooters could then win with out aiming too?