Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS-2 for IPSC

abb1

Has anybody tried this for Ipsc? I never see these being used in IPSC open guns. But wouldn't they be more better to use as they are much smaller and less bulk? They are more expensive, so I am wondering if the cost is worth it. I am also wondering if they will hold up to major rounds. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Edited by abb1

Has anybody tried this for Ipsc? I never see these being used in IPSC open guns. But wouldn't they be more better to use as they are much smaller and less bulk? They are more expensive, so I am wondering if the cost is worth it. I am also wondering if they will hold up to major rounds. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

Use the search bar. Tons of threads on this.

Like Gooldy said, tons of info out there. Lots of guys use them, cost really isn't a issue on a open gun. The biggest set back for this sight has been some reliability issues in the earlier versions leaving guys reluctant to try them.

I love mine, and the way it makes the gun feel. So far I've had no problems with it.

I did, there are a lot, but none specific to what I am asking, which is why I posted. If you have information, please provide! Thanks

But... but there are. Tons of threads on this very exact thing, actually.

TL;DS(too lazy; didn't search) : Lots and lots of people use them on open guns. They had lots of issues, those are for the most part fixed. Cost is essentially a moot issue on an open gun, they are already ridiculous expensive so another 200 bucks is nothing.

40 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

But... but there are. Tons of threads on this very exact thing, actually.

TL;DS(too lazy; didn't search) : Lots and lots of people use them on open guns. They had lots of issues, those are for the most part fixed. Cost is essentially a moot issue on an open gun, they are already ridiculous expensive so another 200 bucks is nothing.

I'd go as far as to say every thread ever created to discus the RTS-2 covers his questions. I could be wrong, but I bet I'm close.

Wow, getting a lot of heat, even being called lazy. This is an IPSC forum. Every topic ever discussed on shooting can be found here if one spends the hours and searches. You can post this garbage in every single post made in this forum, and it is only wasting space, and not helpful to the members.  All I was asking for was a little help, and I have done a search, but when I input RTS 2, I got mostly mounts, rifles, little related to what I wanted. I understood by reading earlier that the original RTS had some issues, and I was wondering if they were fixed for IPSC shooting with the RTS 2. I also wanted to know about the advantage of the weight of the RTS 2, and I could not find anything about this. All this thread took was one poster to provide information, and not two to post dribble about doing searches. The majority of us do searches before we post, but with a hundred topics coming up, it is difficult to find the ones with the relevant information. I have a very busy life, and can not spend time going through hundreds of posts, as a lot of us don't.

If you can't help or provide information, please don't post!

Wow, getting a lot of heat, even being called lazy. This is an IPSC forum. Every topic ever discussed on shooting can be found here if one spends the hours and searches. You can post this garbage in every single post made in this forum, and it is only wasting space, and not helpful to the members.  All I was asking for was a little help, and I have done a search, but when I input RTS 2, I got mostly mounts, rifles, little related to what I wanted. I understood by reading earlier that the original RTS had some issues, and I was wondering if they were fixed for IPSC shooting with the RTS 2. I also wanted to know about the advantage of the weight of the RTS 2, and I could not find anything about this. All this thread took was one poster to provide information, and not two to post dribble about doing searches. The majority of us do searches before we post, but with a hundred topics coming up, it is difficult to find the ones with the relevant information. I have a very busy life, and can not spend time going through hundreds of posts, as a lot of us don't.

This is a forum almost completely dedicated to USPSA and ipsc shooting. Pretty much all of the posts but have to do with optics are in relation to being on open guns.

There are threads on the Sig Romeo, Vortex Venom, Burris fastfire, deltapoint, DPP, RTS and rts2. I'm not trying to be snarky, it's just that if you read the threads you would realize that everyone is talking about the same thing you are.

In answer to your questions, I use one on my gun and really liked it. It's lighter, I like the field of view better, I like the brightness adjustment better, I like the Click zeroing adjustments better... I would never go back to a full size cmore.

You're going to get a million different answer with a question like this, because everyone has their own opinion. And that's all any of this is, is opinion. Many people really like 90 degree mounted cmores, other people like aluminum cmores, still others prefer one of the other microdots out there. Some people want the additional weight of the full-sized cmore, and are constantly trying to make their guns heavier, While others of us are always trying to get lighter guns.

Edited for atrocious speech to text spelling

In answer to your questions, I use one on my gun and really liked it. It's lighter, I like the field of view better, I like the brightness adjustment better, I like the Click zeroing adjustments better... I would never go back to a full size cmore.

Awesome! thank you, that is what I suspected. I have a czechmate arriving tomorrow with a standard cmore, but it also comes with a RTS2 mount (no sight though). I may think I may opt for the RTS 2 as the info you provided is what I anticipate. At my local club, no one has the RTS 2, nor have I heard of anyone's experience with it. Cheers!

bobby (freedom gun works) built me an open gun with an original rts2 on it in feb, 2014.  it failed once early on, but has been fine since c-more fixed it later that year.  so i've been shooting one for almost 3 years now...would never go back.

4 hours ago, abb1 said:

I was thin skinned when I first came here as well. lol

where are you located? IPSC or USPSA ? 

The reason guys tell you to search is because now there is yet ANOTHER thread on the RTS2 which serves to muddy the waters and waste space.

10 hours ago, Sarge said:

where are you located? IPSC or USPSA ? 

The reason guys tell you to search is because now there is yet ANOTHER thread on the RTS2 which serves to muddy the waters and waste space.

I am in Canada, so IPSC. I was in USPSA in the 90's as I was close to the US border and shot in several USPSA matches at that time. I loved it! Now I am in Saskatchewan, where that is no longer an option :(.  

As I mentioned, this is an IPSC forum, which has been active longer than 6 years. Every post ever done has multiple threads as how many NEW topics never discussed are there? Technically, you can tell someone to 'search, dont be lazy' for every new thread ever posted. I like a community that helps one another out and I am hoping that is what this one is. In actuality, posting and telling people to search, is wasting space as well, so why not just try and be helpful?

Quit busting this guys nut sac... he is just trying to waste like $500 on a new dot. It is the off season (like 9 months of the year for our neighbors to the north) and it's colder that a well digger's ass in Canadia so dude is wasting money... I get it. Dude is also miss informed that is is an IPSuC forum. 

I thougnt hand guns were illegal in Canadia ahe? Y'all play IPSuC with hockey sticks right?  

On 11/3/2016 at 8:35 PM, 3gunDQ said:

I thougnt hand guns were illegal in Canadia ahe? Y'all play IPSuC with hockey sticks right?  

Lol, the spelling sucks, but I think I can interpret. IPSC is a growing sport here in Canada and always has been. Handguns in Canada are used for sport, either in IPSC, 3-gun, IDPA, PPC, etc.. The main difference between the regulations are the fact that we cannot carry concealed here, but then again, in Canada, you do not have to. I have lived in major cities my entire life and the yearly murder rate is the same as the daily murder rate in cities like Chicago, New York City, etc.. As mentioned, I am now 52 years old and lived in major cites my entire life. I have NEVER had my life threatened by another human being nor have I ever known anyone that has. If our crime rate ever changes, then maybe there would be reason to carry concealed, but throughout history here in Canada, there never has been. Is our crime rate lower due to strictor gun regulations? Absolutely not! This has been proven in history, it is just that we deport or ship criminals to the USA when they get in trouble :).

Edited by abb1

^LoL

I was making fun of IPSuC and Canadia dude.... get in touch with your sense of humor. I have never had my life threatened either, I live in The South and I carry a pocket knife. Anyone that wants a shot at the title can get it.