Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 3. 2 piece sear question

billthemarine2862

57 minutes ago, johnbu said:

I wonder if they are now shipping with Xtreme "medium" spring sets?  9-10 da is where I'd expect a fresh u touched gun w them. 

Not sure... I was pleasantly surprised by the weight out of the box. I'm still going to switch then out anyways

14 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

For sure. But if someone wants to be all racy... Those are the things that need to be done.

From factory... My stock 2 pulled DA 9lbs 13oz average over 5 pulls on my lyman... SA was 4lbs even average.

After working the trigger it goes to DA of 5lbs 5oz and SA of 2lbs 5oz. All in the same gauge, all 5 pull average.

It's all personal preferences really. I have no problem shooting a heavier pull. My daily carry has a pull in DAO of around 8lbs... And it's a loooooooooong pull. Getting proficient in the operation of your firearm is much more important than pull weight of the trigger.

My guns are all "racy" I'm an M class shooter, I know how to shoot and I know the triggers are heavy out of the box. With just the spring replacements that I posted and along with polishing, my trigger pulls are 7#da, 3#sa and smooth. I have felt other peoples triggers with all of the "racy" parts and there is minimal difference, to me, in feel under the gun when the timer goes off. 

To post that all of the racy mods are necessary to get a good trigger pull is not correct and I've posted almost this same response in almost all of these threads where people try to convince new tanfo owners that all of these mods are necessary when they're not. 

ProV - What squad are you in for Gator? I'm on 6... I'd like you to take a gander at my S2 and tell me what you think of the trigger.  Highly interested in an M class opinion, just cause I'm an unclassified grabastic goober.

7 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

ProV - What squad are you in for Gator? I'm on 6... I'd like you to take a gander at my S2 and tell me what you think of the trigger.  Highly interested in an M class opinion, just cause I'm an unclassified grabastic goober.

I'm in squad 8, look forward to meeting you! 

2 hours ago, Prov1x said:

My guns are all "racy" I'm an M class shooter, I know how to shoot and I know the triggers are heavy out of the box. With just the spring replacements that I posted and along with polishing, my trigger pulls are 7#da, 3#sa and smooth. I have felt other peoples triggers with all of the "racy" parts and there is minimal difference, to me, in feel under the gun when the timer goes off. 

To post that all of the racy mods are necessary to get a good trigger pull is not correct and I've posted almost this same response in almost all of these threads where people try to convince new tanfo owners that all of these mods are necessary when they're not. 

I never said they were necessary. But they make it very nice. I was pleasantly surprised by the stock pull weights of my most recently purchased stock 2. It was considerably lighter than my fist one. I didn't record the original stock2 I bought but I seem to remember it being along the lines of high 11lbs in DA and 5 or 6 in SA. Not sure if this is typical of the newer stock 2s or not but it was quite nice out of the box. And my first stock 2 was made earlier this year... I'm new to the tanfo platform as of this year.

I was able to shoot the S3 at a match today.  The gun ran flawlessly, I had no malfunctions at all.  Now I just need to learn to run flawless as well.  There have been some great points brought up in this thread in regards to how these guns run with limited mods being performed.

Thanks again for all the help.

I am one happy Tanfo owner!

14 hours ago, billthemarine2862 said:

I was able to shoot the S3 at a match today.  The gun ran flawlessly, I had no malfunctions at all.  Now I just need to learn to run flawless as well.  There have been some great points brought up in this thread in regards to how these guns run with limited mods being performed.

Thanks again for all the help.

I am one happy Tanfo owner!

Did you have more trouble with the SA portion of things than with the DA first shot? Seems to be the norm.

What were you shooting before?

On 10/10/2016 at 9:38 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

I normally shoot a CZ TS.  The SA was easy.  The trigger shape does still mess with me some.  The DA was a little harder but, the DA stroke is so smooth that as the match went on it was less of an issue.  I did find myself shooting the stages different than I would with my TS.  I would go out of order so that I could line up a easier shot (when available) to make the DA shot easier.

I do want to change the trigger for one with less curve but, only if it will still be production legal

2 hours ago, johnbu said:

The Xtreme trigger is less curved. They come on the Xtreme pistols so they are legal

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The Xtreme trigger also increased the trigger reach for the DA pull, though. So if you already find that to be long (shorter fingers) it might not suit you.

The length of pull is certainly not a factor.  Will it change the reset distance very much?  I am pretty happy with the reset. It is timed very well for my follow on shots.

The more I am typing, the more I think I should spend more time with it as is.  Maybe give it a chance as is.

Thanks for the info though.  

I enjoy the Xtreme trigger length of pull.

I have large hands, so it is welcomed.

I actually prefer the DA postion LOP over the SA LOP in general on the Tanfo/CZ platforms.

Because of my hand size I also love the trigger LOP on 2011's but I shoot production.

Reset is unaffected between the triggers... at least to my finger.

If you want to minimize reset, install the BOLO. That drops it as close to zero as it can get.

I do agree with you. Run it as is for a bit.  Learn it and then figure out where you want to go with it.

8 hours ago, billthemarine2862 said:

The length of pull is certainly not a factor.  Will it change the reset distance very much?  I am pretty happy with the reset. It is timed very well for my follow on shots.

The more I am typing, the more I think I should spend more time with it as is.  Maybe give it a chance as is.

Thanks for the info though.