Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 US Steel Nationals Info

ZackJones

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, ZackJones said:

Agreed. That was my feedback to them. I am waiting on a response.

Seconded. Outside the super squad that has been the tradition. Only for rimfire was a particular day for shooting was enforced.

• 3 months later...

I finally have some updated news for the US National Steel Shoot.

- We will be running 1/2 day squads Thursday (3/30), Friday (3/31) and Saturday (4/1). 
- Two sessions per day. 10 guns per squad. That gives us a maximum of 480 guns for the match. 
- Competitors can shoot up to 6 guns but no more than two guns per session.
- No back-to-back shooting. Each competitor shoots stage and then those shooting second gun will go back through.
- Web site and registration is being updated / setup at this time. Registration will be done through PractiScore.
- Payment in full will be required before you can squad.
- We are going to try and follow Rimfire & PCC / Irons / Open format for shooting but you will not be forced to follow that schedule.
- We should have new rules out before the match but if we don't for some reason I'll get formal approval from DNROI for the following:
    - Start flags in front of each shooting box on all stages.
    - Shooting three strings on Showdown before moving.

I'll post more detials as we work things out. Feel free to post any questions so I can make sure we cover it in advance of the match. I don't know about prize table or any of that stuff yet but will post when I do.

When I was at South River Gun Club for Dave Sevigny's ProAm in 2015 there was an area that looked like it had parking spaces and hook-ups for RVs. Any clue who we can talk to at the club to see if those RV areas are available to rent during the match? 

Registration opens 1 January 2017 at noon EST. Registration will be done through PractiScore but we also have a paper form (attached). This should help you figure out how many guns you want to shoot, etc. The link for PractiScore registration is (https://practiscore.com/us-steel-national-2017/register). Looking forward to seeing you all in March/April.

US Steel Shoot Entry Form.pdf

On 12/26/2016 at 8:41 AM, scottlep said:

When I was at South River Gun Club for Dave Sevigny's ProAm in 2015 there was an area that looked like it had parking spaces and hook-ups for RVs. Any clue who we can talk to at the club to see if those RV areas are available to rent during the match? 

On 12/26/2016 at 9:07 AM, ZackJones said:

Southrivergunclub.com has contact info.

Zack,

I emailed the address on the website and it bounced back as a failed delivery status, Are there any other contacts for the club that can get us an answer to this question? We are a couple days away from registration and no information on this yet. 

Just now, ZackJones said:

Don't know. I will ask.

Ok. Thanks. That might be important for people to knowB) In years past you had to be there to pick your own prize and you could not have a substitute do it.