Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TG 147 load data to make minor PF

chadxr650

Just looking for data on titegroup and 147grn coated bullets only dont care about n320 or wsm. Shooting a 5inch xdm,g34 or 1911 to make pf is what im running them through. Im thinking 3.4 tg .115 oval 147gr SnS coated should be around 850 to 900 fps maybe 130pf i just would like to hear someone else has that data please!

Edited by chadxr650

following this thread. I am using TG and about to load my first few different loads.

147gr and 135 gr both Black Bullet (coated)

I'd be curious to hear feedback and recommendations on amount of powder and OAL. not looking to meet any specific PF as these will be loads for 3gun. so I don't need to meet any PF minimums.

thanks chad!

If anyone has any information on what exactly to look for in a primer strike as well as what any weird signs of pressure issues I need to be aware of I should be loading my first rounds this weekend!

Thanks

The newbness is strong in this thread! As SC said, search the 9mm section and just enter titegroup into the search window. You might also take a look at hogdons recipe page or heck, even a reloading manual.

Once you do all of those I'll bet you end up in the mid 3.0's at about 1.135ish for a PF in the mid 130's. :)

Oh i see so if you use to much powder it can actually decrease your pf?

No. That's not how any of this works. Loads can plateau in velocity but pressure always increases. When I look at that chart I see an anomaly in the 3.4 group. I would have reshot that group to explain away such an erratic high velocity reading