Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TG 147 load data to make minor PF

chadxr650

Oh i see so if you use to much powder it can actually decrease your pf?

No. That's not how any of this works. Loads can plateau in velocity but pressure always increases. When I look at that chart I see an anomaly in the 3.4 group. I would have reshot that group to explain away such an erratic high velocity reading
oh gotcha sorry i misunderstood the data

Just looking for data on titegroup and 147grn coated bullets only dont care about n320 or wsm. Shooting a 5inch xdm,g34 or 1911 to make pf is what im running them through. Im thinking 3.4 tg .115 oval 147gr SnS coated should be around 850 to 900 fps maybe 130pf i just would like to hear someone else has that data please!

You want a good solid 132 PF load so you never have to sweat chrono like so many often do

Just looking for data on titegroup and 147grn coated bullets only dont care about n320 or wsm. Shooting a 5inch xdm,g34 or 1911 to make pf is what im running them through. Im thinking 3.4 tg .115 oval 147gr SnS coated should be around 850 to 900 fps maybe 130pf i just would like to hear someone else has that data please!

You want a good solid 132 PF load so you never have to sweat chrono like so many often do
yes exactly what im shooting for i went minor once shooting major never again

On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 4:07 PM, Dberm118 said:

following this thread. I am using TG and about to load my first few different loads.

147gr and 135 gr both Black Bullet (coated)

I'd be curious to hear feedback and recommendations on amount of powder and OAL. not looking to meet any specific PF as these will be loads for 3gun. so I don't need to meet any PF minimums.

Hey i finally chronoed my 147 grn 3.5 tg  1.13 oval thru three guns g34 1911 9mm and xdm 5.25 9mm i had a spread of 138 pf in the 1911 as the lowest at 138pf and the g34 and xdm were about the same at 147 a bit high so im gonna back it off and change my oval to 1.12 they just stick a touch in the xdm my conclusion is that im probably going to play it safe and use 3.3 or 3.2 of tg and call it good should still be well within power factor.

25 minutes ago, chadxr650 said:

Hey i finally chronoed my 147 grn 3.5 tg  1.13 oval thru three guns g34 1911 9mm and xdm 5.25 9mm i had a spread of 138 pf in the 1911 as the lowest at 138pf and the g34 and xdm were about the same at 147 a bit high so im gonna back it off and change my oval to 1.12 they just stick a touch in the xdm my conclusion is that im probably going to play it safe and use 3.3 or 3.2 of tg and call it good should still be well within power factor.

Yeah, my XDM chamber is shorter than any of my other 9's. good idea to try to load for the shortest chamber you own to simplify things. Just make sure to check the new 1.12 loads in everything else to make sure accuracy/reliability didn't suffer

2 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Yeah, my XDM chamber is shorter than any of my other 9's. good idea to try to load for the shortest chamber you own to simplify things. Just make sure to check the new 1.12 loads in everything else to make sure accuracy/reliability didn't suffer

Ya i sure hope that going down just that little bit doesn't affect it i was drilling A zone head shots at 15yds at the match today. Is that a common problem with a 1.12? What is your oval on your XDM?

3 hours ago, chadxr650 said:

Ya i sure hope that going down just that little bit doesn't affect it i was drilling A zone head shots at 15yds at the match today. Is that a common problem with a 1.12? What is your oval on your XDM?

I ended up at 1.10 but was using BBI 135's and they are very bulbous on the end. I doubt you'll see any difference in performance but it is possible so its always worth verifying before you load a few thousand and find out there is a problem.

Sarge.

out of my xd9 4" I'm currently trying to get feedback on 135 BBI and 147 BBI , thus I'm following this thread. You mentioned you are running 135's at 1.10 OAL what is your charge in this load?

I have a few eval packs as I'm currently trying to find what is going to work best for my gun.

I have TG powder by the way

On Monday, August 15, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Dberm118 said:

Sarge.

out of my xd9 4" I'm currently trying to get feedback on 135 BBI and 147 BBI , thus I'm following this thread. You mentioned you are running 135's at 1.10 OAL what is your charge in this load?

I have a few eval packs as I'm currently trying to find what is going to work best for my gun.

I have TG powder by the way

Wow i cant get my 34 to take a 1.15 do you have a stock barrel? The rest of your formula seems about spot on thanks for the reply thats great to know your getting 133pf!!

Wow i cant get my 34 to take a 1.15 do you have a stock barrel? The rest of your formula seems about spot on thanks for the reply thats great to know your getting 133pf!!

Yup, stock barrel. I've had to reduce the OAL with hollow points due to the Ogive but no problem with round nose.

The 133 PF was official chrono results at Mid Atlantic Regional USPSA match where my son was shooting the G34 in production class.

1.13 OAL with RN worked in my XDM and Walther Q5. I had to drop OAL down to .85 for Flat Point bullets, despite the deeper seating the amount of space inside the case was actually higher with the FP due to the length of the bullets being shorter than RN.

I was running 2.8 of TG with a BBI 147, 1.10 OAL out of my G34 and was making around 130pf. Had to shorten it to 1.0 OAL when I got my CZ and think I bumped the charge to 3.1-3.2 if I recall but would have to check my notes to be 100% sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk