Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolvers To Converge On Ohio?

hopalong

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

New to this forum. Can anyone tell if there is going to be a revolver squad? Also are there going to be B shooters and above there. I am thinking of coming from MD. to shoot with you guys. I only shoot with one or two revolvers shooters at the most at a match here.

Sam can probably answer better but I know he is an A shooter and I am a C looking to move up after shooting this match. My brother is shooting and is D/C class currently a U. I am sure there are going to be more shooters B or better. I requested Sat. to shoot with Sam and any other revos that may be there on that day. You could email Kyle and he could tell you what he has committed to date if he has time. All I can say is I will be there and I'm going to be having a blast! Hope to see you there.....John DVC

dgsmith,

I'm shooting Saturday and am a C flailing near B.

Hoppy is A class and I suspect Carmoney, the elder, is an A also.

Contact Flexmoney and mention the Ohio Revolver Championship :D (he likes that)

It will be fun.

Dave

According to Flex in the Ohio State Buckeye thread there are already 15 revolvers signed up. I was talking to Marmot over the weekend & I think he will shoot. If dqsmith signs up and the other guy and I switch to revolver for this match that is 19. We can surely find one more. :D

Bill Nesbitt

We have 15 signed up. I have their applications (and money ;) ) in hand.

Jeff C. (local shooter) tells me that he has recruited two more from a couple of shooters that he has shoot pins with. (that would make 17)

If dgsmith and his buddy make it, that would be 19.

Marmot would make 20.

(Somebody needs to let Sweeney know the caribou are in Ohio on the third weekend of June. )

DGSMITH,

Welcome to the forums, and to the Wonderfull World of Revolvers (WWR)!!!!

Since Flexmoney(Kyle Farris) has already posted I guess he has seen your question and has hopefully responded personally to you, He is the CO-Match Director with the Help of Steve Anderson (Watching from the Shadows).

I think he is crowding the revolvers together but he has not said anything like having a Revolver Squad.

There will be a Variety of talent in Revolver Division from A on Down for sure, I have not seen any familiar names with M on them (USPSA).

Carmoney is Sandbagging in B class just waiting to smoke some poor unsuspecting A class and M class shooters !!! :blink::blink:

I have not had the honor of meeting and shooting with Bill Nesbit but have heard that he does know how to use one of them things from several GOOD sources.

If Sweeney shows up he is an "A" but ended up 2nd at last years USPSA nationals behind MR. Miculek.

Aside from USPSA Nationals I personally have never seen more than 10 revolvers at 1 match (2005 Area-6) so Kyle and Steve have already set a MAJOR precidence(spelling?) And Thanks to this forum, that is mostly why.

Now about my classification....."A" stands for Accident :wacko::wacko::wacko: as in it is an Accident I ever made it out of "D" for Dangerous (in my case) :lol::)

Really looking forward to this match, Thanks to This Forum and Kyle for getting the numbers up!!!! It may help in trying to promote Revolver shooting in USPSA, sure can't hurt !!!!!

Hopalong/Sam Keen

I got the message below from a shooter. I thought I had better post it here so that I didn't miss anything in answering it.

... talked me into shooting REV. at the cir. match , I am a USPSA member but not classified ( havent shot ipsc in 13 years, never shot rev. what pf do I need to load to ? 625 iron sights.. don't know what division or anything don't even have the rev. I will need to borrow that, is it possible to have 2 competitors on the same squad to share a gun ie bag the gun after ea. stage ??

- Need 165pf to make Major (load to 170pf for some cushion)

- With the 650, shooters seem to like the round-nose bullets, they fall into the cylinder well

- No need for a classification, just need to be a current USPSA member to shoot a Major match

- the 625 is what you want to shoot. There is only the "stock" revovler division.

- yeah, we can work with the bagging of the gun. we will just need to spread the two of you out a bit on the squad.

Did I miss anything important?

Flex: Most of us serious wheelgunners at the match are going to have at least one extra .45 ACP revolver along for a spare. I even try to pack an extra holster and belt just in case. As long as the guy has good ammo made with Federal primers he should have no problem borrowing a good gun from somebody and shooting the whole match with it, without the hassle of bagging/unbagging on each stage.

Federal primers, though (or American Eagle hardball) are highly recommended in order to ensure good ignition with our lightened actions.

Great news about all these revolver shooters coming out in force...if I can help anybody out with anything specific, just let me know.

Mike

Flex,

Plenty of extra gear should be available.

I forgot to ask. Is Ohio Revolver Championship spelled out on the match shirts or is it more simple-like ORC with a 625 above it? :D

Looking forward to meeting you,

Dave

Ya'll are just Jealous because we get to practice our reloads even during a match !!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Jake,

If I found a tricked out 627 with Comp, Red dot ect you could shoot revolver and OPEN at the same time !!!!!!! Wouldn't that be the "BOMB" :D:D:D

Looking forward to it myself !!!!! :)

Sam