Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Icore -- Rocky Mountain Regional Champ.

Carmoney

won't be able to make it up there on Saturday.

if you guys are around..on Sunday..IPSC match down at Pueblo West..10am start..

you guys have fun..wish I could get up there to meet ya all.

I'll be there. It's been tough trying to get my revo skillz back after been shooting my Glock all this time.

See ya There. I think they have four classifiers on Friday afternoon/evening. Atleast they did the last two years I attended. I'll definitely be a little tired after working all night and flying all day.

What a great weekend! Thanks to Bud Bond and everybody in Colorado for putting on a truly first class match. This is one that the rest of you serious wheelgunners should really consider attending next year--Sam and I had never shot an ICORE match before, but we look forward to trying it again soon. One thing I noticed--just about all of the wheelgunners who showed up for this match were pretty dang competent shooters, I was pretty impressed with the skill quality top to bottom.

Fun stages, nice people, knock-out prize table. Saw some old friends, and made some new ones. It was honestly well worth the 20-hour round-trip, and I'd say that's pretty high praise!

By the way, Glock Phan, congratulations on a great performance Saturday, and I look forward to shooting with you again somewhere soon.

Mike

What a great weekend!  Thanks to Bud Bond and everybody in Colorado for putting on a truly first class match.  This is one that the rest of you serious wheelgunners should really consider attending next year--Sam and I had never shot an ICORE match before, but we look forward to trying it again soon.  One thing I noticed--just about all of the wheelgunners who showed up for this match were pretty dang competent shooters, I was pretty impressed with the skill quality top to bottom.

Fun stages, nice people, knock-out prize table.  Saw some old friends, and made some new ones.  It was honestly well worth the 20-hour round-trip, and I'd say that's pretty high praise!

By the way, Glock Phan, congratulations on a great performance Saturday, and I look forward to shooting with you again somewhere soon. 

Mike

Just got out of bed after an 8 1/2 hr. drive back to Idaho from the Rocky Mountain Regional Championships in Colorado. The 4 of us had a great time! I counted shooters from 11 states, 50 shooters overall, lots of friendly competitors in all 3 classes & prizes for everyone. Bud Bond & all the crew over there does a great job. This was our second ever ICORE match but won't be our last.

The sudden death shoot off was great fun, Mike Carmoney won the limited shoot off & Bud Bond won the open shoot off, then, in a great matchup Mike & Bud went head to head with Mike winning and son Sam cheering him on. Congratulations to all. Watch out for Sam in 2-3 years, he's a great young revolver shooter.

Dick

I got the shirt from Mark at the Topton Pin/steel match, swapped him a PSA Shootout shirt.......I get a lot of compliments when I wear it, pretty cool, and please tell him HI.

The match was awesome, and by looking at the photos it is back to the Slimfast for me! Anybody that likes to shoot Revos must go to ICORE matches, period!

Doug C

Doug, I can definitely do that, I live with him now, after we got back from the Pin and Steel shoot we moved into a pretty cool bachelors pad on the Gold Coast and started living it up. :D

I am still living such life, but Mark was able to meet a nice woman the week after the shoot at Randy's and she now lives over here in Oz with us.

Both Mark and I are over in a few weeks to visit Randy and the boys in Topton again, before heading to IRC.

Be good to catch up with you again if possible.

Ryan

Hey Doug,

Nice shirt...I am glad that you wear it. I have almost worn the PSA shirt out, but am hoping to catch up with Team Lookenbill at the Blue Mountain classic. Are you going to the IRC this year? We lost loads of money on the airfares, due to date change, but we decided to come anyway. Hope to see you at one of those matches. take it easy, and better leave some of that slimfast for me.

Mark :)

Congrats to Carmoney and Glockphan !!!!! (and the rest of the wheelgunners)

Looking through the Pictures I noticed that some of the guns have weird tubes on top of them !!!!!! What is THAT ???? :huh::wacko::blink:

TOO bad there is not more interest in Revolvers in the SOUTHEAST !!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Way to go guys !!!! Glad ya'll had a good match !!!!! :)

HOP

Sam, it was our first ICORE match....it was a strange (but great) feeling to be shooting a match surrounded by nothing but other revolver shooters! As you would expect, everybody got along great and had a really good time.

I had some major trouble at first trying to get the dang 8-round moonclips in the gun, I think with the 6-round-neutral course design I probably would have done better with my 625. Fortunately things smoothed out by the time we did the shoot-off, and my reloads were faster.

Wish we had ICORE up and running in this area......

Doug,

Ryan, Ray and I will definitely be at the steel challenge this year. I haven't missed one since that first trip to the States in 2000. I love shooting over there as there are so many more competitors to challenge you, and stretch your skill levels against. Socially the matches produce the nicest people that you will ever meet, and normally the weather is great too.

See you in September

Mark

Sam, it was our first ICORE match....it was a strange (but great) feeling to be shooting a match surrounded by nothing but other revolver shooters!  As you would expect, everybody got along great and had a really good time.

I had some major trouble at first trying to get the dang 8-round moonclips in the gun, I think with the 6-round-neutral course design I probably would have done better with my 625.  Fortunately things smoothed out by the time we did the shoot-off, and my reloads were faster. 

Wish we had ICORE up and running in this area......

Start up a club and see if it grows. If you have 10 people the match will pay for itself, depending on how much the range charges you per shooter and the number of targets you use. It's cheaper to start with paper targets, that's why all the classifiers for ICORE are paper.

Once you have the money get some steel or borrow some from your local club and go for it.

There are now 19 clubs in the US. Pretty good growth the last two or three years.