Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sps

Sestock

Seeing as they violate all sorts of US Patent laws, I don't think we're allowed to have them.

I've seen / handled / shot them down here. They're not bad, about 80-90% the quality of an S_I. I guess it's like the Hertz commercial, and they are the "not exactly".

They have some interesting options, and a molded in magwell on some grips. No, really a real magwell, like they cast the grip from an S_I with the EGW magwell installed.

The other interesting thing was a neat Scott style grip with a box legal magwell molded in, and a" snake belly" style treatment on the slide rounds. Sure made cond 2 & 3 starts easier.

Trigger bits and safeties are not in the S_I class, but I am sure if you dump enough cash into one it would be just fine.

Isn't STI's and SVI's patent on the frame, not the magazines? If so, then SPS can sell their magazines in the U.S. SPS's frame violates STI's and SVI's patent, but for some reason, SPS is allowed to sell it in Spain.

I'm not a patent lawyer and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

The base STI patent (shared with SV-- it's here if you want to read some legalese) is only valid in the US. An oversight left them with (almost) no IP protection in Europe or the rest of the world. This may not be the case with deriviative patents by either STI or SV, and either/both may have trade-dress (trademarks, copyrights, etc, etc) in other countries as well.

I believe the magazines aren't specifically patented and could be copied / imported if somebody were truly motivated.

and over priced magazines.

Jeez, don't get me started, try $950 for UNFIT slide and frame, plus a six month wait. My buddy spent $2700 on a limited gun that won't shoot and has completely unsafe fitting of the safety / trigger parts.

Of course, where I have seen them the SPS guns are just as over priced.