Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ok do any of you keep the plastic boxes that your pistols come in? Right now once a buy something new it goes into the safe. Any paper stuff goes into a file box and the box gets put up in the attic.

When I carry the gun to the range it goes into a sleeve and then in my range bag, If I travel it goes into a better hard case like a SKB or Plano box.

Is there really any need to keep the old plastic box?

I say if you are NEVER going to part with the gun then throw the box away. If not so sure then it seems people always like to get the original box with the gun when you sell it.

I've kept ALL my original cases. And the paper that came with them. Buyers appreciate the courtesy of the original package, I've found. And the case my S&W PPC-9 came in is so luxurious I wouldn't part with it for anything (unless I sell the gun--which I'm not planning on doing).

I keep all the original boxes and anything that came with them down the the advertising stuff or whatever they put in it. I don't use them to transport to the range but if for some reason I decided to sell something I have it. To me it just looks good when your buying something that has all the original stuff with it paperwork and all.

I keep all the original boxes and anything that came with them down the the advertising stuff or whatever they put in it. I don't use them to transport to the range but if for some reason I decided to sell something I have it. To me it just looks good when your buying something that has all the original stuff with it paperwork and all.

I found it also helped when i moved ten years ago. Emptied my safe so it could go on the moving truck, packed the guns into their plastic boxes, and the boxes into a large cardboard box, that I moved in my own truck.