Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry fire

I been running drills 1 -12 Steve Anderson first book for 3 months. I'm getting much faster an last major only had 4 mikes compared to 14 at one major before. I'm trying to call my shots but find myself slowing way down on partial targets. Should I just stick to the plan cause 4 mikes at a major is much improved

A Mike is never good.

When you fire, have the patience to hit the target. Preferably A but C will do. Don't waste time getting to the next target. But don't think about speed when firing. If it is an easy target, you can see and feel enough very quickly. If it is a hard target, it takes longer.

but find myself slowing way down on partial targets

I think your next step is hidden in this statement. About 6 months ago I surrounded one of the targets in my transition drill setup with no shoots on either side so only the A zone is available for Dry Fire. Spend more time dry firing with no shoots and they will slow you down a lot less in a match.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are getting any Mikes then you are going way to fast. It always pays to slow down and make sure you get your hits. Don't focus to much on splits. Focus on stage planning, footwork, transition speeds, and reloads. Those are the things that get your 1st. Obviously if you have a 1 second split on a 5 yard target then that is going to severely hurt you but you get the point.