Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Different Load Two/Quad Load Setups - Safariland 086 compared to Invic

I'm getting back into 3-gun, and looking at either the Safarland 086 or the Invictus Practical load two/quad load setups. I can't find any comparisons between the two products (wondering if that's because the 086 was just released at SHOT?).

From looking at various videos, it seems that the 086 is more secure? I don't know anyone around me who has either, so I can't try them out myself. I know that there are other load two/quad load products out there. Looking for any advice, experience, likes, dislikes, etc.

Can't offer a comparison but I love the IP products. Retention is great, release is good (I've felt smoother releasing caddies but at the expense of retention), very modular and adjustable which is important if your like me and don't have any belt space to spare, Kevin Pratt is awesome, unbeatable customer service (more than Safariland can say) and he supports the sport heavily.

Can't offer a comparison but I love the IP products. Retention is great, release is good (I've felt smoother releasing caddies but at the expense of retention), very modular and adjustable which is important if your like me and don't have any belt space to spare, Kevin Pratt is awesome, unbeatable customer service (more than Safariland can say) and he supports the sport heavily.

^^^^this

I have several IP caddies and can't say enough good things.

I have both, the 086 is very secure between the two, but with 086 you have to prefit lenghtwise the shells you gonna use, if you take a look at the design , the ends are not open. I can grab better with 086 than the IP, although the IP wins for compactness

I've got the IP DeTurk lite vest. Holds 20 shotgun shells for quad loads and gets them up off of my belt. Belt vs. Chest has a variety of positives and negatives for each option but overall I thought the belt was a less optimal place for me.

The single band to secure the whole setup I found lacking so I ALICE clipped the strap into the molle of a very lightweight 5.11 chest rig. That completely eliminated movement or slipping.