Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC with a (full-auto capable) subgun

Garrett

I would say ask DNROI.

"PCC 5.1.12 See appendix D8. All other handgun equipment rules apply to PCC"

In D8 you have the following:

"6
Must have stock attached and be capable of being fired from shoulder position. **Note: Sig Brace and any variant thereof is not allowed**
Yes, see 5.1.10."

I guess the "yes" is meant to reinforce the need for a stock but then it refers you to this"

"5.1.10 Handguns with shoulder stocks and/or fore grips of any kind are prohibited."

So I guess that the second part of 5.1.10 applies... Maybe...  :huh:

I would say ask DNROI.

"PCC 5.1.12 See appendix D8. All other handgun equipment rules apply to PCC"

In D8 you have the following:

"6
Must have stock attached and be capable of being fired from shoulder position. **Note: Sig Brace and any variant thereof is not allowed**
Yes, see 5.1.10."

I guess the "yes" is meant to reinforce the need for a stock but then it refers you to this"

"5.1.10 Handguns with shoulder stocks and/or fore grips of any kind are prohibited."

So I guess that the second part of 5.1.10 applies... Maybe...  :huh:

I don't see the correlation to 5.1.10. If applied, PCC would thus be illegal, since they have stocks. You can't cut paste parts of rules to other rules to make a quasi rule. Either all of the rule applies or it doesn't. It is okay to say no there isn't a rule against it.
When it comes to PCC there is no advantage with a vertical fore grip other than the Hollywood factor. It makes you slower, you are not able to drive the gun, and it puts a lot of strain on the wrist. A hand stop is a better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Rangerdug said:

I don't see the correlation to 5.1.10... I don't see the correlation to 5.1.10...  I don't see the correlation to 5.1.10...  I don't see the correlation to 5.1.10...  I don't see the correlation to 5.1.10...

DQ: full-auto keyboard.  

:-)

But by definition it's not a hand gun... it does have a stock and the fore end itself is a fore grip....

That was my repeated original point. You can't pick an choose parts of rules to fit a narrative. It either applies in context or not at all. In this case there is no rule against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, OK.  Good to know.

I don't have a problem with it either way, but since I only Production, I'm guilty of looking at equipment rules in the "if it isn't specifically allowed, you can't do it" mentality rather than "if it isn't prohibited, you can do it" line of thought.  I'll try to work on that.  ^_^