Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sight Tracker Top End

PKT1106

Has anyone had a sight tracker top end build for a 2011-style pistol? I have an Edge and I am kicking around the idea of getting a sight tracker top end built and fitted to my current frame. I understand the slide would have to be fitted and machined and that the barrel has to be fitted and a front sight added to it. I am wondering more about reliability/compatibility and downfalls/risks associated with trying this. Also, if anyone has any info on what I should expect to pay for machining and fitting, that would help my decision making process.

Thanks

I did this one for a local shooter. It started life as a 4.15" trubor blank in .355. The Government length slide was shortened, and the sights cut in and installed.Total cost to him was $1000 for the parts and labor. He brought it back to me later for a tritop and to remove some more weight from the comp block for an additional $200. He shoots it in 3 gun and loves the very long sight radius, he had a video of him shooting steel at 70 yards with it.2e23be5489e2e19da41b86aaa25b550c.jpgd55ee7bb168250f8ff6a691aae11308a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Edited by MrPostman

You could however use a threaded barrel with an aluminum sight block like this one I am doing on a Smith and wesson M&P. Still waiting on him to bring me the sight but this is doable as well.f57c0f9d0e0de2adde73114f9088311d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I have done this before. It is not a big deal you may have trouble finding a slide to fit a frame that has already been fitted depending on how tight you want it. I have seen people buy another slide and it fit perfect and seen where a new slide on old frame was less than perfect. If you are not keeping the original slide just have it milled out. I tig welded the dovetail on one of mine and milled it for the island barrel and after refinishing you cant tell it ever had a front sight in the slide.