Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should have shot with my feet

mreed911

Shot the Texas Open today as a one-day event. I should have taken off my shoes and used my toes to grip the gun and shot like that. It couldn't have been any worse.

Not as an excuse for just plain poor shooting but my match ammo shipment was delayed (it's waiting for me at the house today's ) and I ended up shooting Armscor 230gr FMJ which chrono'ed at a power factor of 199.

At least I had no procedurals and didn't DQ.

I did, however, enjoy and appreciate the match, staff and the VERY technical stages with cooper tunnels, prone shooting and lots of unloaded starts. I shot some angles I've never shot before. Those of you shooting it Saturday/Sunday will have LOTS of fun!

my big toe is too big to fit in the trigger guard...

:-D you've set the bar nice and low, now you can only go up!

(i hope)

miranda

If the match were a classifier (it won't be) I'd have shot a U score... :/

Okay, maybe not, but well below my level. Started the day with five mikes on the first stage. I was off my game and I'm not sure why yet. Need some time to reflect. No shoots didn't help, double no shoots/double mikes helped less. I still wasn't fast but I'm not fast yet. Today I was slow and inaccurate.

my big toe is too big to fit in the trigger guard...

:-D you've set the bar nice and low, now you can only go up!

(i hope)

miranda

If the match were a classifier (it won't be) I'd have shot a U score... :/

Okay, maybe not, but well below my level. Started the day with five mikes on the first stage. I was off my game and I'm not sure why yet. Need some time to reflect. No shoots didn't help, double no shoots/double mikes helped less. I still wasn't fast but I'm not fast yet. Today I was slow and inaccurate.

try hard to remember what you saw.

what you _know_ you were looking at

I've had days when I could not remember what I ate the previous day...

miranda

Shot the Texas Open today ..........

At least I had no procedurals and didn't DQ.

Some times you gotta do the 'glass half full' day.....I've been in your shoes.

I think it's what draws us to the next match.

Sounds like a good excuse to start reloading. No more waiting on match ammo to show up.

I'd love to be able to squarely blame the ammo but I know that's a cop-out.

I DID enjoy it, even if it was frustrating (sounds like an oxymoron) and I'm looking forward to next time. Might shoot a local match Sunday to clear my head. Too tired to reflect now... heading to bed. :)

Hey, sometimes it takes getting your butt kicked (especially when you know you are squarely to blame) to get refocused and re-motivated. What really draws me is the knowledge that I KNOW I can do better. It's just about finding the way to put it all together at match time.

Hey, sometimes it takes getting your butt kicked (especially when you know you are squarely to blame) to get refocused and re-motivated. What really draws me is the knowledge that I KNOW I can do better. It's just about finding the way to put it all together at match time.

I'm definitely motivated to not repeat that performance. :)