Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ concealed carry choices?

MrTuna

I just received a P 01 omega. It feels very nice in the hand. However, the trigger leaves something to be desired. I ordered a parts kit from CGW that I will in all likelihood install before its first range visit. CGW's parts transformed my P 07's trigger.

I called Cajun and put a down payment on a P-01 with the Pro Package. $950 for a customized killer carry gun is amazing. That's what I pay for a stock Sig.

Sent from my bunker in the desert using Tapatalk

I am currently in the process of choosing between all the guns mentioned above. Without being able to put these guns in hand is making my decision hard. Only pistol I have shoot in the compact size is the older P-07 Duty.

I am currently in the process of choosing between all the guns mentioned above. Without being able to put these guns in hand is making my decision hard. Only pistol I have shoot in the compact size is the older P-07 Duty.

Like you I need to at least handle a gun before I buy it. If you have handled a CZ 75 the compact models have the same grip contours IMO. The P-01 has front and rear checkering like the SP-01.

Like you I need to at least handle a gun before I buy it. If you have handled a CZ 75 the compact models have the same grip contours IMO. The P-01 has front and rear checkering like the SP-01.

Right now I am leaning towards the P-01 Omega!!!! Its just a pain in the ass to find one

Right now I am leaning towards the P-01 Omega!!!! Its just a pain in the ass to find one

For sure! CZs are in huge demand.

For sure! CZs are in huge demand.

Explicitly the suppressor ready models - LGS said distributor was back ordered by 250

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the P-01 and have been carrying it for ~2 years. It turned my Glock 19 into a camping-only gun. Love it. And it's a perfect complement my SP-01 Tactical that I shoot in USPSA.

For a holster, I've got the Stealthgear Onyx. Haven't used another one of my holsters (Old Faithful and a Supertuck) since then.

I ccw the 75 compact daily and it is heavy but I love it. I have a p-01 and had another that I CZC did the SDP package to. I was uneasy about the light trigger on the SDP and sold it. The other issues that bothered my were the alloy fram having steel screws in it. I had a couple issues with the grip screw threads being boogered up because they are only alloy and with a steel screw bad things can happen easily. I actually was able to find the thread pitch size and I ordered nylon grip screws which I use on all my CZs now so I never worry about killing those threads.

I am in california so my decision for ccw typically surrounds which gun to carry that holds 10 rounds. Choosing a gun meant for 14 rounds sucks because I dont get the advantage of weight and size for more rounds. I still choose the 75 compact and the difference in weight between it and the p-01 is exactly 1 full 10 round mag with 124grn bullets. So for the weight of a mag I figured it wasnt enough difference to give up the durability of a nice steel frame. I also dont like the decocker and would just lower the hammer all the way down anyway. Having the hammer at half cock just allows more lint and crap to get near the firing controls. For me the steel frame 75 compact and manual safety was best.

The other thing about the all steel frame and slide is that it feels very well balanced. The p-01 feels like a glock with being top heavy. The negative to the 75 compact is no light rail but I dont ccw a light on the gun anyway. So just some more things to consider for you.

Edited by brian45acp

I love CZs. Have a SP01 tricked out by CZ Custom and most recently a Gen 2 P07 which I carry. I never warmed up to the PCR. Shot great but the LCI and funky rear sight cut in the slide bothered me so I gave it to my son. My daughter-in-law now carries it and loves it.

My concealed carry gun for the past couple of years has been a P07 in .40 S&W. The most accurate plastic framed gun I'd fired till I got my 9MM P09 (and the P09 is only slightly more accurate, I think).

I have a new P01 9MM that I may be carrying more once I get a good IWB holster for it. It's not a weight issue for me, it's the feel of that P01 in my hand. Those soft rubber/factory grips seem to just glue that thing to my hand. We (wife and I) liked the soft rubber grip feel so well I ordered a set of them from CZC for her CZ75 Compact.

The CZ75 Compact is noticeably heavier in your hand than the P01. Not an issue, just a thing.

The P07 seems more accurate than the P01 or the CZ 75 Compact. At least none of the P01 or CZ 75 Compact groups, so far, have matched my best P07 groups.

https://www.truglo.com/firearms-handgun/brite-site-tfx-handgun-sights.asp?catid=E5FDB84FE8F74C239330C1841BDD3D5E

I carry a P01 everyday...changed the sights to Truglo TFX and it's a winner with a change of sights...my fav carry gun by far.

Seems like a good combo. Hoping CGW gets a P01 Omega in the next few months so I can do something similar. Really liking my P07 but thinking the P01 would be even better.

Edited by JLeeCZ

very nice job man!

I love my compact.

How did you change the vials in the sights? How did you buy just the tritium fiber rod? I actually gave up on night sights and went all fiber optic. I figured there is about a 1-2 hour period in the day where tritium is an advantage and beyond that its not useful. The fiber optic allows me to shoot so much faster and pic up the front sight quick so I went to that on all my ccw guns.

very nice job man!

I love my compact.

How did you change the vials in the sights? How did you buy just the tritium fiber rod? I actually gave up on night sights and went all fiber optic. I figured there is about a 1-2 hour period in the day where tritium is an advantage and beyond that its not useful. The fiber optic allows me to shoot so much faster and pic up the front sight quick so I went to that on all my ccw guns.

More details on the making and pics here http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=71143.msg500730#msg500730

I googled to find out how to order the vials, I don't remember the source but there is a subculture that makes all kinda of crap with them. I ordered them from.somewhere overseas. It is my opinion that night sights aren't really necessary for self defense. But I wanted them and made them.