Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New member getting into USPSA

ryridesmotox

Hi guys,

I'm new from Southern Commifornia here. Going to start some local USPSA and 3 gun matches. I currently have a 10mm colt delta elite (1987 production), a H&K P2K, S&W thunder ranch .45 revolver, a Beretta 1301 comp, and a few home brewed AR15s. I just ordered a new tanfoglio stock2 for the competition gun.

I was recommended this forum a few times for information regarding competition and competition guns.

Later,

Ryan

Pala and NORCO are the 2 closest match locations to me. Also figure a few Irons sights matches indoors from time to time if possible. I saw some of your tanfos in the dedicated section. Is there a local smith you use? I want to put at least a thousand rounds through mine before I start messing with it too much. But eventually I might need the expertise of a professional.

I shoot a little north of you. For 3gun you have an AR and you have the 1301. If you can tune the spring in the colt 10 and reload, bet it will serve you well for both. The common advice is to come out and compete=play and take your time on all the equipment choices.

Yea I love my1301, it is magnificent to shoot. The ARs are good too, I'll be running a 16 inch 1:7 barrel, and the Tanfoglio Stock 2 in 9mm. I'll use the stock2 for 3 gun and uspsa. I don't mind shooting minor until my speed and skills improve. I really am more drawn to 3 gun honestly. But there are more USPSA matches than 3 gun.

Either way, the delta elite wont see that kind of severe duty that was a hand me down from my uncle and my dad. I don't want to have it rolling around a 3 gun match in the dirt and stuff. It has too much sentimental value to me for that. I know that's lame but it is what it is. For me its a nightstand queen. I take it out a few times a year and put a box of ammo through it and then shine her up and put it away with some 180gr hollow points, should the wayward thief try his luck at the wrong house... The wife's thunder ranch is there too... I really want to take that and do a steel match with it also... its shoots awesome in .45 ACP and the moon clips make is so easy to brass up

I already have a few hundred rounds... I was trading them to a guy at work who has stacks and stacks and stacks of boxes of ammo. Thousands of rounds. He just sits there before work in his garage and pumps out rounds everyday. Its like meditation for him or something.

Welcome!

I dryfire in the morning for my meditation.

Start buying components now! Primers, Brass, and Bullets; pick a safe/common powder and stock up on that too! Things will get a bit tighter this year due to the election.