Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brianenos.com Forum Member Shoot!

Rufus - there's an emotional/romantic attachment to Rio Salado. It's sort of a historic place in our sport - and a super nice range, to boot. I can understand a desire to hold the match there.

Other than that... let's just say that this indecision and seeming inefficiency is the result of a match planned by committee. :lol: The right thing will work out - the timing of the match (if we're serious about having it) will force a decision soon, and if no one has picked up the ball and run with those other locations, well.... we won't be able to use them. Unless we don't want to have this match until the end of '06 or beginning of '07 :)

I do appreciate the ranges that were willing to step up right away - please be patient while we let everyone satisfy their input, etc :)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I now have info on Frostproof from Frank Garcia. As previously stated by Shannon, as long as we stay away from the FL Open and hurricane season, we're ok there.

Latest update:

We have info from ITPSC (OK), Frostproof, Shootout (Clark's range in Princeton, LA). I've got an email outstanding to Kay Clark requesting a little bit more info.

Erik Warren is going to present the match to the WNPL board to see if they would let us host the match at their range in Reno.

Steve H is still investigating Rio Salado - I have an email and PM outstanding to Steve to see if he's made any progress.

Scorch (Robert) from Double Tap Ranch had some questions for us, which I responded to via PM and a followup email this morning. Waiting on contact back from him.

All of these locations sound like nice places :)

• 2 weeks later...

Status is the same as of 5/30. Still waiting on Steve_H and Erik before we can proceed w/ the final location poll - everything else sort of depends on the location, so....

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the kick, G+16... I'd been thinking about this last week. Status is basically still the same (well, I haven't seen any updates, anyhow) - Eric is still trying to get on the board meeting for the Reno club. Steve_H hasn't responded at all re: Rio Salado in Phoenix.

I guess the question is - we have several competent, willing clubs, already. How long do we want to wait to finalize the list of venues???

Dave,

I'd suggest we give a deadline to the clubs we're waiting on for responses and after that go with what's available. Then start looking at alternative dates for the match.

Just my $0.02.

Nemo,

I've been thinking the same thing, and personally I think it's a good idea. This thing is never going to make it off the ground, otherwise. The difficulty here is that the two we've been waiting on are extremely popular choices - Rio Salado being one of them.

I've still heard nothing from Steve_H after his post in this thread - seems like he's dropped off the map....

Erik Warren, any further word on Reno??? When is the next board meeting?

I'll regather all the info that the prospective clubs sent me about cost, resources, etc, and get a post up later today about it - we can add a poll to it once we know what's going on w/ the last two ranges.

What deadline should we set? Opinions?

We need lots of lead time since the location will greatly influence the date. Let's call it August 31 for a deadline to pick a range. That done we can start with the stage design/building crew volunteers, accommodations, etc.

I am scheduled to make a proposal at the next WNPL board meeting August 9. I should probably propose a date for the match. The first weekend of June sounds good to me and I can't find a conflicting major match. (Area 4 seems to be the second weekend of June?)

It's been 95-100 for the last couple weeks. June wasn't bad. Even though it's a dry heat, I'd say July-August are not good match dates for Reno. You might expect USPSA to schedule the nationals July-September anyway.

I'm not trying to sound like a broken record here, but I have an idea. Why don't we just post every confirmed offer to host the match, vote on it for 1 week, then set it in stone? It seems to me that all were doing here is debating, we have gotten nowhere in over 3 months.

If clubs won't respond to requests or you can't get a reply from someone who is looking into a particular club, then it's obvious their not serious about hosting the match.

I'm not trying to sound like a broken record here, but I have an idea.  Why don't we just post every confirmed offer to host the match, vote on it for 1 week, then set it in stone?  It seems to me that all were doing here is debating, we have gotten nowhere in over 3 months. 

If clubs won't respond to requests or you can't get a reply from someone who is looking into a particular club, then it's obvious their not serious about hosting the match.

Here Here, agreed

Rufus - please read above. We've quasi-committed to making a decision by August 31. This gives time for Erik to determine if Reno is a possibility - there was a lot of interest in Reno. Once August 9 passes - and Erik knows the scoop at Reno - we'll get a poll up with all the info and have a couple of weeks to vote on it. Then we'll have a location.

We wouldn't have sat for a few months if there *wasn't* strong interest in both Reno and Rio - if you read the location threads, stronger interest in either than the other locations we've talked about.